Closet cleaning! Help! To sell or not to sell?

Should I sell these?

• Yes

• No

• Keep one: classic city

• Keep one: giant city

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jan 9, 2016
Hi everyone! I’m trying to minimize my handbag collection. I’m sure most of you know how difficult it is to do. My style has changed, and I only want to keep things that I love and will be used for many years to come.

I have two balenciaga handbags that I haven’t used in years. They used to be my everyday handbags but now they just sit in my closet.

There are a few reasons why I hesitate selling. 1. Because the resale value is horrible. 2. Sentimental reasons (I used to love them!) 3. I’m sure one day they will or something similar will be back on trend.

What do you think? Should I sell them? Keep them? Or keep one and which one?

91E0DB59-E127-481B-AE20-450FF6987405.jpeg 38543C79-9390-4FB8-8B1C-B728216774D4.jpeg

atlantis1982

Feb 20, 2012
Since they're both black, maybe keep one and sell the other?
It's a shame that resale values have tanked (good for a buyer, though!), but it's not doing any good sitting in your closet. The good thing is that if a few years down the line you find yourself getting back into the brand, a black City is fairly easy to come by.

Lakotan

Feb 9, 2011
I agree, I don’t think you need two black Bals. I would keep the one with RH, it is lighter and has a tag that is easier to identify in terms of production year. I am trying to downsize my collection as well, Bals take up all the room in my closet :smile:. Good luck to us both!

CeeJay

A BAL-enced Life!
O.G.
Dec 6, 2005
A Yank in SoCAL
I would keep the RH, but I am totally biased. Plus, I love the tassels! Like wearing some dangly earrings, a bag with a little swing adds character hehe. Just my opinion!
I second this .. I like the original Moto City style, and while I loved the Part-Time with the Giant HW, on a City?!?! .. I thought it looked kinda weird (IMO)!

A1aGypsy

Miserable AF
Aug 2, 2017
Keep them both. They don’t owe you anything and the prices are low right now. Either you will learn to love them again (come ON these are fabulous!!) or, the new designs at B will cause a panic in the market and prices will go up.

I think you’ll regret selling them, myself.