Closet clean out: please help me decide with the speedys!

Jan 9, 2016
Hi everyone. I’m currently working on editing my handbag collection. I’m having difficulty deciding what to do with my LV speedys: I have the monogram bandouliere and damier ebene (not bandouliere) both in size 30.

I’m leaning towards keeping the monogram bandouliere only because I use the detachable strap for my other LVs. The strap is all I use. I’ve only used the actual bag a few times since it was purchased almost 10 years ago!

Damier ebene on the other hand I’ve used for work here and there. I like print more than the monogram, because it is more muted. I always wished I purchased the one with the bandouliere strap though bc even though it has the capacity to be filled, it becomes quite heavy and uncomfortable with just a top handle. It was also purchased at the same time as my other speedy.

Years have passed and I realized the speedy 30s really do not work for me. I would not buy another speedy 30 ever. I find them bulky like duffle bags. They are too small for work but too big to use for social occasions. I would like to get rid of them but I’m having a hard time letting them go because I know they are classic handbags!

These are basically bags I like looking at knowing I purchased them at a better price back then but don’t like using. Lol. I’m not looking to buy any more LV canvas bags. Please help! Thanks in advance.
8D20FE43-39C4-4397-BB8A-B133C286BF0A.jpeg

I came to the same realization. I only have 2 of the speedy 30s in my avatar now and I don't use either of them. I am basically keeping them to give to my daughter because like you I bought them 10 years ago when the prices were lower. If I didn't have a daughter they would be gone! I just hate to think of her possibly liking LV and paying $2,000+ for a speedy I paid $750 for! If she ends up not liking them, I'll sell them.

I agree with selling both and getting a speedy 25 b. Or since you said you don't want canvas, sell both and get something else.

If you arent using it and it doesnt work for you, then you should sell it. I just did this recently with my speedy 35 water color ( in my avatar) it was a limited edition piece but it was just sitting in my closet and never being used. So I finally decided to sell it, and purchase something I would use. If you use the crossbody strap for other things, and just sell the bag without it. You will still get offers on the bag, without the strap being included!

Hi everyone. I’m currently working on editing my handbag collection. I’m having difficulty deciding what to do with my LV speedys: I have the monogram bandouliere and damier ebene (not bandouliere) both in size 30.

I’m leaning towards keeping the monogram bandouliere only because I use the detachable strap for my other LVs. The strap is all I use. I’ve only used the actual bag a few times since it was purchased almost 10 years ago!

Damier ebene on the other hand I’ve used for work here and there. I like print more than the monogram, because it is more muted. I always wished I purchased the one with the bandouliere strap though bc even though it has the capacity to be filled, it becomes quite heavy and uncomfortable with just a top handle. It was also purchased at the same time as my other speedy.

Years have passed and I realized the speedy 30s really do not work for me. I would not buy another speedy 30 ever. I find them bulky like duffle bags. They are too small for work but too big to use for social occasions. I would like to get rid of them but I’m having a hard time letting them go because I know they are classic handbags!

These are basically bags I like looking at knowing I purchased them at a better price back then but don’t like using. Lol. I’m not looking to buy any more LV canvas bags. Please help! Thanks in advance.
View attachment 4857552
Sell both bags. If you keep the strap, it will decrease the value you sell it for. Instead, buy either a replacement strap from LV (if the bag is on your record/you have receipt, you can get one for $240 plus tax) OR get the strap that looks like it from mcraftleather on Etsy for under $100. I have several of the straps from there and nobody but me knows they aren't LV straps :smile:

Reactions: heytheredelilah