Clochette wrinkles?

SheilaWee

Custom Jeweler
Jan 10, 2013
Hi there, first of all I need to admit that I am a perfectionist.

I noticed that the part of the clochette where it curves around the hardware wrinkles to an extend you can see bulges. Is this normal? Do you have these on the underside of your clochette? I am referring to the underside at the part that curves around the hardware.

The part that is seen appeared very smooth though:smile:

TIA

I have a vachetta clochette and mine does not wrinkle. Can you show a photo? I can take a photo if we want to compare...

Thank you for your reply, I thought that others might be thinking I am crazy to look into such details:smile: here are the photos, please show me yours!

First up, the front, looking good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 197
Here the underside I was saying. It wrinkled:sad: it seems normal to me since the stiff leather is making a small curve.. But I just wanna know if that's the case for other couchettes as this is the very first clochette I owned:smile: thanks so much!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 215
Mine has winkles too. I think it's from myself trying to fix it so the clochette would hang straight. I was upset too but I got over with it. I can always replace it if I want for 75 Canadian dollars. Hope you will feel better now. :smile:

image-3883210220.jpg