Clochette on Birkin longer than the bag

tumtum

Mar 29, 2007
I have recently purchased a 30cm Birkin but when I tie the clochette around the handle and let it drop I realised it is actually longer than the bag, so I need to wrap it around once more to make it the right length. Isn't that a bit werid? Any other members here who have seen that before on an authentic H bag?

I have recently purchased a 30cm Birkin but when I tie the clochette around the handle and let it drop I realised it is actually longer than the bag, so I need to wrap it around once more to make it the right length. Isn't that a bit werid? Any other members here who have seen that before on an authentic H bag?

tumtum Yes, the same is the case on the Shoulder Birkin II

After not using it at all for the first month I also wrap it around the strap an extra time :smile:

It happens sometimes with softer leathers that tend to stretch a bit more. From my experience I have noticed on leathers such as Taurillon Clémence and Swift, but maybe it happens on other leathers as well. I don't know, hopefully some other member can chime in,

The clochette is actually longer on my JPG Shoulder Birkin I, and also on a couple of Swift Birkins of mine, but I don't care, I just leave them the way they are.