Clochette Bag Charm Question

peonies13

Sep 11, 2019
Does anyone use this bag charm ("Clochette Cles grand tressage charm") to actually hold keys? If so, can you please send photos in use?

I have an Evelyne TPM and would love a way to have my smallish house/car keys (and maybe even my airpods) hook outside my bag when I'm running around.

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 1.00.19 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 1.00.23 PM.png

Last edited:
Hi, no photos I’m afraid but I had hoped to do the same as you! Sadly I found that when I tested this out in-store the keys kept the clochette ‘open’ rather than flat and keys also poked out of the bottom, so it was a no.

I’m still on the lookout for something that could do the trick!

Hi, no photos I’m afraid but I had hoped to do the same as you! Sadly I found that when I tested this out in-store the keys kept the clochette ‘open’ rather than flat and keys also poked out of the bottom, so it was a no.

I’m still on the lookout for something that could do the trick!
Oh interesting and thank you!

Upon more thought, I assumed the clochette would stay open when keys are hooked on (as if the clochette would be sorta sitting like a hat on top of / around the keys with the keys sticking out the bottom) - are you talking about some other thing? I'm not sure, but my gut is I probably wouldn't mind seeing a small amount of the bottom of my keys. It could be worth it just to have so I could tuck them inside the bag but then pull them out quickly to get something deeper inside without worrying about losing them.

Also do you have any memory of how long the charm is? My bigger thought is that it might be too long for the super-small Evelyne mini which is only about 7" tall?

I'm sorry, I don't remember the exact size, but it's pretty sizeable. When retraced, my keys only just poked out of the bottom. What I may have badly explained was my description about 'open' and 'flat'.

To me the clochette should look fairly flat or 'closed' when filled, a little like the clochettes we'd see on bags - plump! Here, because keys are hooked onto the keyring, they sit at 90 degrees to the clochette and so it sits wide open, rather than fairly flat, like on a bag.

I hope that's helped explain things, hopefully not made them even more confusing!!!

I'm sorry, I don't remember the exact size, but it's pretty sizeable. When retraced, my keys only just poked out of the bottom. What I may have badly explained was my description about 'open' and 'flat'.

To me the clochette should look fairly flat or 'closed' when filled, a little like the clochettes we'd see on bags - plump! Here, because keys are hooked onto the keyring, they sit at 90 degrees to the clochette and so it sits wide open, rather than fairly flat, like on a bag.

I hope that's helped explain things, hopefully not made them even more confusing!!!
That completely makes sense - thank you!!! Now I see it's not a great fit for me. If you find something would you post here or PM me? I'll do the same :smile: