Workplace Clipping your nails at work

babypie

Jun 3, 2007
Please tell me I'm not alone in thinking this is strange and disgusting???

I work in an office and have noticed a few people, male and female, will randomly start clipping their nails at their desk. I first heard the unmistakable noise of the clipper but thought surely not. But now I've seen people clipping their nails into their trash can or onto a napkin on their desk.

I don't get it.

:sick::yucky:

If I ever saw anybody in my department doing that I would be horrified being that we work around food and drink. However, I still think its still something that really isnt necessary to do at work..I can understand painting and even filing but not clipping...

If I had a ripped nail that kept hooking on everything and hurting my finger, for example, then yes I would clip it off and would expect others to do the same. But performing one's ablutions at work just for the sake of it is quite strange.

people clipping their nails in public is a huuuuge pet peeve of mine, it drives me crazy. there is no reason to do this outside of your own home, ever.

that said, I carry nail clippers in my purse because sometimes my nail will break badly and it drives me crazy to not be able to fix it on the spot. but then I go somewhere private or to the bathroom to take care of it.

I floss my teeth in my office sometimes. With the door closed.

If I break a nail, I will clip it in my office.

Not that long ago at my part-time job at a car dealership, this customer was sitting in the waiting area and clipped all 10 of his nails. Effing gross.

unless you have a hang nail...that is a big noooooo. I dont know why people do stuff like that just sitting at their desk in an office, its like them shaving their legs at their desk or something....just do it in your own bathroom please!

I have filed my nail before but never clip ew! I can't even clip my nails at home though too squeamish so if I break a nail it drives me crazy and I have to file it...