Workplace Clipping your nails at work

I have to admit...I have clipped my nails at work. But, in my defense, it was in my office with the door closed:P

I would never do it in a shared area. That's just gross.

Haha I used to take the train to work and there is always one lady who would clip her nails almost every week. So every time I see her on the train, I'll make sure to see farthest away from her because I was scared that the clippings will fly toward me. And it's so gross because she will clip and throw the clippings on the floor. Makes me want to throw up sometimes. There are some things that you should do at home in private!!! Fixing your nails because it's broken is one thing!! Clipping all ten nails is another!!!

I experienced the same thing when I used to live in Sydney and had to take train to work everyday. It's even more unbearable when the train was packed we sat so close with others like a squeezed sardines :-s
I still shudder every time I think about it.

Clipping your toenails in public is just WRONG on every level.

carpark-532_1451178a.jpg

I was a manager at a cafe and one customer even took his shoes off and started clipping his toenails. Everyone was horrified. I asked him politely to not do that. The employes had to sweep it up, it was disgusting!

OMG DISGUSTING!!!
The guys that i work with in the office does clip there toe nails.
Once i walked into someones Cube and he had shoes and socks off cutting his nails.
YUCK!! cant they do this at home

Who the hell would clip their toenails in an eatery?????????????????

Just yesterday I was walking down the hall at work and a co-worker was clipping all 10 nails. I thought of all of you.

Clipping nails in public, outside of home or private work environment in full view of, let's say patients or customers is tacky. If your nails are not popping my way, I could care less. I am a germaphobe and an obsessive cleaner. You can clips your nails discreetly. Toenail clipping definitely should be done at home. I care more about if someone touches my phone or anything on my desk without my permission, someone who coughs or sneezes and does not cover up or turn away. I will say something to anyone who coughs or sneezes without covering up. I find other things more disgusting than nail clipping. To each his own. We all have our pet peeves. I find that if you touch the handle of a bathroom faucet or door after just washing your hands is totally gross since you just contaminated your hands with feces. That goes for cart handles and freezer handles, all public handles Ewwwww.

for some reason, clipping nails doesn't bother me like it should. Probably because my cubie/pal has a chronic cough, I've heard people fart, leave bathroom without washing hands, pick their noise, etc. It's what they want to do. It's gross but unless it affects my performance, I don't worry.

I do paint my nails at my desk, sometimes, if I have a long hold time on the call waiting for a bank rep.

Clipping nails in public, outside of home or private work environment in full view of, let's say patients or customers is tacky. If your nails are not popping my way, I could care less. I am a germaphobe and an obsessive cleaner. You can clips your nails discreetly. Toenail clipping definitely should be done at home. I care more about if someone touches my phone or anything on my desk without my permission, someone who coughs or sneezes and does not cover up or turn away. I will say something to anyone who coughs or sneezes without covering up. I find other things more disgusting than nail clipping. To each his own. We all have our pet peeves. I find that if you touch the handle of a bathroom faucet or door after just washing your hands is totally gross since you just contaminated your hands with feces. That goes for cart handles and freezer handles, all public handles Ewwwww.

I hate this too. I usually (when I haven't run out) have handsantizer on hand and at the store, I'm the first one to go for the wipes that have for the carts.

I used to keep nail clippers & a nail file at my desk, incase I broke s nail on the job. Having a jagged nail or a half torn nail bugs me even more so at work as I have a very hands on job. Then one day a coworker came over to my desk took them out and started clipping thru nails with them!!! I was like WTF are you doing?! They were like I broke a nail so um clipping it. I shrieked you don't use other peoples personal grooming tools on yourself with out asking them. And this was someone I can't stand and I find completely vile. Needless to say I threw them away after that. I felt SO violated after that. I told another coworker what happened and she was also disgusted by it.

Coco Belle said:
If I had a ripped nail that kept hooking on everything and hurting my finger, for example, then yes I would clip it off and would expect others to do the same. But performing one's ablutions at work just for the sake of it is quite strange.

+1.

Of course, I find the slurping sound of people putting on lotion gag-inducing too, so I'd gladly trade those coworkers for nail clipperers. :smile:

Not sure why anyone would do personal grooming in public. Doesnt that defeat the entire purpose of it - assuming the purpose of grooming is not to seem disgusting?