clipping your keys on to D-rings in purse?

upswife

Feb 6, 2007
What do you all use to clip your keys to the d-rings put in the purses? Is there one way you prefer over the other? I've tried using it, but I can't determine a method that I like! LOL - it shouldn't be that difficult!

I have the woman's trigger snap keyfob, works perfectly
1661_SVCM_t.jpg

Good ideas ladies. I love my current key ring - but it doesn't have a clip on it. I like the idea of the carabiner or just buying little lobster claw clips to add to it. I have the same one court has, but, you know, it's just not as cute as the one I use! LOL

Good ideas ladies. I love my current key ring - but it doesn't have a clip on it. I like the idea of the carabiner or just buying little lobster claw clips to add to it. I have the same one court has, but, you know, it's just not as cute as the one I use! LOL
I agree, it's not that cute, coach needs to make a cute one!

what are these lobster claw clips you guys are talking about?

Court, yes, the smaller ones. I use them for my keys or when I want to make a key fob into a charm. They are quite handy! ETA: Here's a pic of my horseshoe with a lobster claw attached. Sorry it's blurry but you get the idea...

teenashandbags004-2.jpg

I have the coach keychain that is made for it, but I never use it for that because it's too hard to get on and off the ring. Maybe if the ring was bigger and the clip easier to use...

You can also buy a retractable key clip at most hardware stores -- it attaches to the ring and you clip your keys to a line on a spool that pulls out and retracts. Some people use them for ID badges too that you clip to your belt loop, etc.

I have an extra trigger/snap clip attached to a key ring, which then can be clipped to the d-ring. (purchased from ebay), which I only use occasionally. I normally put keys on me. Coach does not offer extra trigger/snap clips. But it would be nice if they did because they have the nice small ones which are hard to find unless ordered in bulk (like 1,000's).

But . . . Brahmin used to, I don't if they still do, sewed the snap clip to the inside of the bag, which is more useful and convenient.