Clipper bags

JenF

Feb 12, 2011
Oh, I'm glad you posted this Lillan! I have been wondering the same thing! It's my 3rd anniversary in July, my DH has been wanting a new weekend bag for a while and a medium clipper would be perfect. From what he described i think he was looking at one when we were in the Cheshire Oaks outlet (I wasn't paying attention, too busy buying my bays!!)
I'd love to know if the clipper bags in the outlets are subs as I'm in Scotland so it's tricky for me to get to the outlets in person!

Lillan

O.G.
Jul 19, 2008
I am not really sure, if I should get the clipper or simple clipper.

I want to use it as a travelling bag on flight. I usually have a small messenger or shoulder bag when I travel, and want to have a “bigger” bag as well. And I want one that I don’t have to worry about, when I put it under the seat, or in the box over the seat. So I thought the clipper would be fine, not too expensive, but yet a bit stylish. ( I am going to New York, on a girls trip. It is the first time I am travelling outside Europe, so very much looking forward for it).

JenF

Feb 12, 2011
You guys make a good point. What is the discount (percentage) difference between the airport and outlet (say Biceseter/Someret factory)?

Aren't the bags at the airport just minus the VAT (20%) whereas outlets are normally around 30% off? Maybe I'm wrong?
Lillan, sounds like you need to see them IRL to judge the best size for you. I am very jealous of your girls trip to NY, you will LOVE it!! Take plenty of spending money!!

Lillan

O.G.
Jul 19, 2008
Aren't the bags at the airport just minus the VAT (20%) whereas outlets are normally around 30% off? Maybe I'm wrong?
Lillan, sounds like you need to see them IRL to judge the best size for you. I am very jealous of your girls trip to NY, you will LOVE it!! Take plenty of spending money!!

I will try to save up as much as I can, so should really be on a shopping ban until the trip.............no chance :P
I am very excited about the Woodbury outlets and the fact that they sell Bottega Veneta, WILL get a bag! And of course I need at least one pair of Manolo :graucho:

Hey Lillan what are you doing in Malvern?? (I'm from Worcester which is 7 miles away!)

I visit Malvern every year, because the Cocker Spaniel Club have their Championshipshow there, every July! We are a few breeders from Norway travelling together. We have been staying in Worcester a few times ( Hotel Whitehouse, near the station), but the last couples of years we have been staying at the Abbey hotel in Malvern.
Are there any shop in Worcester selling Mulberry? I can not remember seeing any, when I have been shopping there. :smile: