Clip-on pearl earrings?

mattking2000

High school H addict
O.G.
Jul 7, 2008
Does anyone know if Mikimoto makes pearl earrings (preferrably studs themselves, but fancier are fine) with clip-on backs? I have a friend who cannot pierce her ears for medical reasons but would still like to wear earrings every now and then.

If Mikimoto doesn't produce these, could someone recommend a reputable manufacturer who does?

Thanks! =)

ETA: would prefer not to use converters, and would also prefer new (ie no vintage)

Last edited:
I have been very happy with Jude Frances. They make their "huggie" as a clip on in 18kt YG or WG and you can purchase all kinds of charms (including pearls) to wear on them. I do not have pierced ears and I love these! I've bought the clips and charms both at Neiman Marcus, and Ylang23 online. Granted they aren't Mikimoto, but they are fantastic for people w/o pierced ears.

Thanks saligator! I actually dont' have much knowledge about pearls, except that my friend likes them and Mikimoto tops her list. I will give Jude Frances a look, I have heard good things about their work =)

^^I agree that they should make them. In fact, I was under the impression that many fine jewelry earrings were clip-on since it's more secure, and these pieces tend to be heavy. Pearl studs are such a staple that I'd be very surprised if a top jeweler didn't carry them in both pierced and clip on backings.