Clinics for double jaw surgery

Can anyone confirm that if you want to do rhino and 2-jaw, you should first do 2 Jaw, wait for swelling to be done, and then go back for rhino? The reasoning I saw is that 2jaw will change the shape of your nose (and your face in general), so you want everything to be settled before you change your nose and so that it fits your face better.

Can anyone confirm that if you want to do rhino and 2-jaw, you should first do 2 Jaw, wait for swelling to be done, and then go back for rhino? The reasoning I saw is that 2jaw will change the shape of your nose (and your face in general), so you want everything to be settled before you change your nose and so that it fits your face better.

Both of these surgeries will be done at the same time. After a jaw surgery & again opting for a rhinoplasty will be too much of cutting down. If you do both at the same time, the patient will recover the same time. the facial structure will not change once the swelling comes down. it will be okay to do both at the same time.

Thank you for replying to me :smile: What do you mean by too much cutting down? I don't totally understand, sorry.

My concern is that since double jaw is a major surgery with high risk I will probably want to go to a dental type clinic that only specializes in that. But I also saw on some forums and websites like RealSelf that surgeons said double jaw changes shape of nose, and to wait to do the nose later. I saw big hospitals like ID want you to do everything at once but I'm worried that isn't actually the safest and best way to go.

Both of these surgeries will be done at the same time. After a jaw surgery & again opting for a rhinoplasty will be too much of cutting down. If you do both at the same time, the patient will recover the same time. the facial structure will not change once the swelling comes down. it will be okay to do both at the same time.

Oops forgot to quote you in my reply above!

Thank you for replying to me :smile: What do you mean by too much cutting down? I don't totally understand, sorry.

My concern is that since double jaw is a major surgery with high risk I will probably want to go to a dental type clinic that only specializes in that. But I also saw on some forums and websites like RealSelf that surgeons said double jaw changes shape of nose, and to wait to do the nose later. I saw big hospitals like ID want you to do everything at once but I'm worried that isn't actually the safest and best way to go.

if you have to get rhinoplasty & double jaw, then its best if both are done at the same time. If you opt for a double jaw & wait for it to heal & then go for a rhinoplasty, that would be more painful. Some clinics may suggest doing one after the other as they would want patients to stay in the hospitals for a longer period of time. Whichever you choose, make sure to consult a professional before doing it.

if you have to get rhinoplasty & double jaw, then its best if both are done at the same time. If you opt for a double jaw & wait for it to heal & then go for a rhinoplasty, that would be more painful. Some clinics may suggest doing one after the other as they would want patients to stay in the hospitals for a longer period of time. Whichever you choose, make sure to consult a professional before doing it.

ah I see thank you for the info, I will definitely look into it more!

Also for people interested in prices here is my quote from The Face Dental for 2 Jaw + Contouring
(I am Asian but not local, did a FB consultation so I dont know if prices will be higher at actual consultation)

two jaw surgery 9,500,000 KRW
genioplasty: 1,100,000 KRW
mandible boarder shaving: 1,100,000KRW
zygoma 4,400,000krw

Reactions: Yumigumi
I'm 24, I've been thinking about jaw surgery for a long time now. I have an asymmetric bite due to chewing on one side when I was growing up. I also have a slight long lower jaw that I would like to be pushed back a bit. Im working on my list of clinics that I'm interested in having consultations. So far I'm ONLY looking into clinics with MAXILLOFACIAL SURGEONS not plastic surgeons.

The Face Dental
EverM
Zea Dental
EU Dental

Anyone have any comments for any of these clinics? Are these clinics good?
Also, is it better to go the braces - surgery - braces route? OR surgery and then braces? I hear braces - surgery - braces is safer, but the only clinic I've heard that does braces before surgery is Zeah Dental.

I'm also searching for a clinic to do my two jaw and have been emailing with TFD so far as I'm Caucasian and EverM dont have an english website. It seems as if TFD can give me what I want allthough Im starting to wonder if they have misunderstood me as Ive pointed ut I specifically want to widen my upper jaw which seems to be impossible without ortho work which they said i most likely wont need (i have porcelein crowns on my teeth aswell)

With a surgery this big, there just cant be any misunderstandings! What are your goals with the two jaw?

Reactions: Sweet_Jasmine
I read that its not recommended to do rhino together with double jaw because of breathing difficulties after surgery; it would be better to do it together but I would say don't take the risk
If it is facial contour then you might be able to do it together

Reactions: dpnot
Also for people interested in prices here is my quote from The Face Dental for 2 Jaw + Contouring
(I am Asian but not local, did a FB consultation so I dont know if prices will be higher at actual consultation)

two jaw surgery 9,500,000 KRW
genioplasty: 1,100,000 KRW
mandible boarder shaving: 1,100,000KRW
zygoma 4,400,000krw
I got quoted by TFD the same amount too for 2jaw and genio, i suppose they give same price for everyone

Reactions: littlepigeon