client tracker question

shiaobaby

O.G.
Feb 6, 2010
has anyone had any real success with this? i was told by one of my local outlet sa that once a bag gets processed, it may take a few days for them to actually call me...and during that time, the bag gets placed on the floor and likely purchased. :sad:

if you have had success, how quickly did they call you after you put your name on the tracker?

tia!

I have never had success with it... so I just don't do it anymore. In fact right after I put myself on client tracker my dream bag came in and they DID NOT call me.

I am also interested to know if anyone actually has ever gotten a call after being put on it?? Is there any use in doing it at all?

It was successful for me just 2 weeks ago. I was had a really nice and patient SA look for a bag that wasn't anywhere but 1 store had 1 in transit. When I called the store they said because the quantity was so low it may be a mistake in the system. Exactly 2 weeks later right after getting their shipment the SA called me and I got it. It was the only one showing up in all of the stores and they called me right away. I know if they had put it out it wouldn't have made it more than a day or two.

I put myself on the client tracking list about a dozen times and it only worked once. I think it was more that a SA knew I was looking for a certain bag and I was fresh on her mind. I got a call a day after I was looking for the bag. More often I have seen a bag on the shelve and no one ever bothered to call me that they got the bag in. I get the "We were just about to call you" spill from SA.

Never for me personally. I've been in CT for bags that I have happened to hit on the shelves at my outlet and never been called. They are too damn busy for it, I think.

Client Tracker has never worked for me either....Actually the only time I got a call about a wanted bag was when my lovely outlet mgr. called me after we'd had a face-to-face conversation about a bag I was interested in. She said she thought she'd recalled seeing it in the paperwork about an upcoming shipment, then a week later spotted it when the shipment came in, and called me about it.

Actually for the past five months now, whenever I ask to be put on client tracker for a bag, they ask me if it's a boutique delete or a MFF item, and when I say boutique delete, they say they no longer do client tracker for boutique items.....This makes absolutely no sense to me since there always seems to be an abundance of MFF bags (what's the point of client tracker on a MFF bag?), so I gave up asking and now just stalk the outlets as often as I can, and rely on outlet reports from other TPF'ers.

I've put myself on client track 2x. The first time they called back a few days later when the item came in that I wanted. The second, I never got a call back about but they said the likelyhood of them getting that particular bag was slim anyways. I've also had my outlet tell me that they had certain items in the back but unpacked when I've called, so they have taken my number and called me back once they've verified that the item was indeed in the shipment.

I was put on the client tracker list one time. I never received a call and about 2 months later I saw my bag just sitting on a shelf at the outlet. So no, it hasn't worked for me. I have better luck just stalking the bag.

Client Tracker has never worked for me either....Actually the only time I got a call about a wanted bag was when my lovely outlet mgr. called me after we'd had a face-to-face conversation about a bag I was interested in. She said she thought she'd recalled seeing it in the paperwork about an upcoming shipment, then a week later spotted it when the shipment came in, and called me about it.

Actually for the past five months now, whenever I ask to be put on client tracker for a bag, they ask me if it's a boutique delete or a MFF item, and when I say boutique delete, they say they no longer do client tracker for boutique items.....This makes absolutely no sense to me since there always seems to be an abundance of MFF bags (what's the point of client tracker on a MFF bag?), so I gave up asking and now just stalk the outlets as often as I can, and rely on outlet reports from other TPF'ers.

^Interesting... I just got put on OUR outlet's CT for 2 jackets... no mention of issues just because it's a FP delete.

I prefer manager-tracker or SA-tracker over CT anyday :smile:

I was on the client tracker list 3 times and they called me for two times and had held the items for me. The third call (also the most recent call) I got was status update to let me know they haven't received the items of my request.

Overall I am quite pleased with the service. My outlet is quite busy with tons of tourists but they managed to take care of me so I am very impressed with their service.
I think it depends on the SA. I've been dealing with the same SA's so they do go out of their way to help.

^^ bunny: Is there a difference between CT vs SA-tracker?

Maybe mine was the SA-tracker because the SA who took down my info was the one who held my items and called me.

For me, it really depends on the outlet. One of my local outlets is crazy busy and I've never once received a call from them when on client tracker. My other 2 local outlets go out of their way to help me and I've had tons of success with ct. Sometimes it takes days, weeks, or months but they've called when they had my bag. One of them even called me months later just to let me know that the bag I was looking for was never going to be shipped out to them again. Sad news, but it was good to know.