Cles instead of Wallet ???

Yes, it did happen to me for a while. I usually use a full size Zippy and made the mistake of putting my ID and debit in the Cles for quick trips without a wallet or bag. I quickly found that I was using the Cles as a main wallet. I recently put my ID and debit back in my Zippy because I do love it and only keep excess cards (savings, gift and insurance cards) in the Cles. It's a small piece but holds a ton! It could totally be used as a wallet if you don't need the compartments of a full size wallet.

Your cat is SO. CUTE. :smile::smile::smile:

Back to topic, i only use my cles as a wallet when i am going out, need to travel really light, or have some reason not to take my entire wallet out of my bag. I love wallets!!

Yes, absolutely! Since I started using my cles I haven't touched my wallets in months. I really only ever need my DL, CC and insurance card plus some cash so a large wallet was a bit much for me anyway. I do have to agree it is very frustrating and a bit embarrassing when my bills get caught in the zipper every so often. But it doesn't happen enough to be a deal breaker.

That being said I am considering getting a little card holder to keep my cards in and use the cles for just my keys and cash. Money and keys are just generally dirty things, so I think I'd like to separate my cards from that mess..

I use my zcp and/or my cles. My 4 wallets have beem sitting in the closet for months. I've embraced the mini bags & the mini wallet or cles. It's so nice to travel light and not be weighed down.

That's exactly what happened to me too! Once I got the cles I started using it as my wallet. I rarely ever wear my wallet! It make my bags lighter and gives me more room and truly I don't need so much room for a wallet and it's so easy when running quick errands.

Add me to the list, I use the cles as a wallet too!

I have a mono Sarah wallet that holds all my cards, but I don’t need to use all those cards all the time, most days I only use a cles or a zcp and it keeps my bag light and easy to carry. I don’t think I’ll buy another long wallet but I might buy more cles or zcp, they are so cute and practical, they are my favorite :love:

I love this thread...me too! I purchased a pre-loved old style compact zippy wallet from Yoogi's back in 2012. It was in mint condition, barely used and still smelled of leather. I am glad I have the wallet as it is so compact and does fit in my Eva, BUT then I got a Vernis cles in Pomme about 7 months ago. :happydance:

This has become my go to item. I use it in all my bags. If I need more room, I used my Vernis card holder in Amarante. The two go nicely together...and who doesn't love Vernis!

I am sure I will go back to my wallet someday...right? :thinking:

I'm not a fan of big wallets as it usually leads to carrying more than I need. I think the cles makes a very practical alternative, especially for small (cross body bags) which just so happen to be some of my favorites!

For years and years I never used a wallet, I used a Fendi cles (identical to LV one). I put cards, cash and even some small coins in, and I had my keys hanging off the end. Convenient, but then I started really longing for a beautiful wallet. Now I have a Tory Burch wallet with a full zipper style, and I use the cles for other purposes. At first it held my keys, then coins, and now it is my mini first aid kit. Band-aids and pills inside a small pill capsule, as well as bobby pins and a ponytail. The one thing I still won't put in my long wallet is coins. I keep those in a vintage LV kiss-lock coin purse.

I been using my cles ever since my son was born. My wallet just sits in my longchamp bag (currently using it as a diaper bag). I mainly use my cc so don't have problem with bills catching and I attach my car key fob to it. It just easier if I need to run to the store, I can just grab my class and cell and it fits nicely in then parent console on my stroller or pockets on my wrap and baby carrier.

I left my rosebery wallet abandoned ever since I got my cles, only just recently swapped back and started using my wallet again. It is so much more convenient though especially if you got keys attached to it you just quickly leave the house with it rather than carrying a few different things. If my wallet wasn't a 21st birthday gift I think I would've sold it a long time ago!

I was in line behind someone once, who had two cles (mono and DA), I think one was cards and one was cash as she had to use both to pay (loyalty card and cash) - seemed fiddly to me to have to use two items to pay for a purchase. But if a person only has a couple of cards and a little cash, so one cles would be enough, I think it would be a good idea.

Recently, I been using my cles to put my credit cards and cash instead of using a wallet. My bag feels so much lighter and roomier without a regular size wallet. I was able to put my gift cards and other reward cards in my mini pochette along with lip gloss and other small items. Now I don't feel like using a wallet again. Have this happen to you, when the a cles becomes your wallet?

Yes!!! I'm all about small wallets. I had a damier Ebene cles but sold it and used a macassar card holder bc I thought it was more masculine for me. then got 2 pocket organizers and a zippy coin purse.

Then I got a And a mono and epi cles. And want a de one again too (love that the new model is bigger)

I love using cles as a wallet. I hate having a big wallet especially as a guy. But I don't put my keys on it. I just use it as a card holder and put the chain inside. I used it for my keys when I first got it And that I think is more feminine