Cles and Rosalie? Or Cles and Long wallet?

?

Keep the Rosalie?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. Hi guys, I need some advice! I have the LV Cles which I use for keys and cards, and recently got the Rosalie coin purse and it's SO cute! But now I'm wondering if I really need the Rosalie if I'll eventually get a long wallet. I think the Rosalie serves almost the same purpose as the Cles, but it's SO freaking cute!! So should I keep the Rosalie and have a Cles AND a long wallet, or return the Rosalie for a long wallet?

2. First, what will you use your long wallet for?

3. I don't really need a long wallet but I prefer them. I like more cardholders and I just like how it feels in my hands. I very rarely carry cash, but when I do, I hate having to fold them, especially when I go to Canada and their plastic bills don't fold well. My only concern is that a long wallet might not fit very well in my "mini" bag, the Soho disco. I
    know Emilie and Jeanne are 1/2 inch shorter than the other LV long wallets but I haven't tried fitting them into the bag. I'm currently using an old MBMJ long wallet, so I'm looking to upgrade. I think I'm just looking for someone to convince me to keep the Rosalie but I think I know what I should do.. but it's just the most adorable thing ever.

JazzyMac likes this.
  4. That's why I asked, because perhaps you may not even need the long wallet. But it looks like you do. Yeah...away with the Rosalie!

Love4Louis and vhuynh2 like this.
  5. I can tell you my clemence does not fit in the Gucci disco

vhuynh2 likes this.
  6. Why not consider Victorine? It's compact, but can fit full sized bills.

7. I’m hoping that the Emilie or Josephine are slightly smaller!

8. Not a fan of trifold wallets but I’m going to take a look today. Thanks!!

9. They are slightly smaller. I have Clemence and I don't think it will fit Euros without folding them. It's a "short" wallet in terms of height. US bills fit, but any taller currency could be an issue.

vhuynh2 likes this.
  10. I have a Rosalie used as compact wallet for small bags and the Clemence full size wallet for bigger bags. I love my Rosalie as it still looks like a little wallet than a coin purse and has that fun pop of colour.

vhuynh2 likes this.
  11. That’s weird, my Clemence does fit in a Gucci Soho Disco... I did actually use it in the bag for a while before I got the Rosalie.
    Since I’ve bought the Rosalie I never reach for a full size wallet anymore. It’s just a lot more convenient, fits in every bag comfortably and there is more room left for other items. If I could choose only one, I’d definitely keep the Rosalie. With the Cles I’m more of a traditionalist and just use it for keys. ;)

E6E0DA56-31B8-4DBD-AF01-64C621FB8C30.jpeg D7A1D93A-8DEE-448E-872B-3FCF86516607.jpeg
    LouisVuitton4Me and vhuynh2 like this.
  12. Does the wallet come in and out easily without rubbing on the sides of the bag?

13. I’ve been using my Clemence inside the Soho Disco for about half a year (before I got the Rosalie), so it’s doable. You obviously have to angle it with putting it in and out, but it’s not a very tight fit. I would not recommend it though, as it takes up a lot of room and when you have other items inside of the bag, it’s not very easy to maneuver. Rosalie is much better wallet for smaller bags.

vhuynh2 likes this.
  14. Keep. I think the cles has multi purpose use and your use of it may change from time to time.. The Rosalie is a great mini wallet (I am looking to purchase too). I use to have the empreinte key pouch and really miss it as my mini Wallet. For smaller bags like Disco or others it's just more ideal to have a mini wallet handy..

vhuynh2 likes this.
  15. Thank you all for the advice. I went to LV to look at long wallets and sadly none of them fit comfortably. Despite the varying dimensions listed on the website, they're all the same length! I don't like bifolds or trifolds so I really wanted an "accordion" style long wallet. I ended up getting a small zip wallet at Chanel. It's between the size of a Rosalie and a full length long wallet. I'll still have to fold my bills (but only once!)... but it was a compromise I was willing to make. Now I really have no reason to keep the Rosalie, except that it's the second most adorable thing I've ever held in my hands (the first being my dog when she was a pup). I was also a little disappointed to break up the LV SLG family, but I'm loving my new wallet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice