Clemence or Zippy Compact

dmmiller

O.G.
Feb 26, 2012
I purchased the Clemence a few weeks ago and tomorrow is my last day for a possible exchange. I am debating the Zippy Compact and need help deciding.

I am a little concerned about the zipper pull on the Clemence and it is a tight squeeze in Eva (my weekend small bag). I love the pop of color with Clemence and think I may regret exchanging it. I like the convenience of the accordion style.

I like the size of the ZCW but I am worried that it may be a little bulky (only a concern with Eva) and am not sure I will like the placement of cash either in the long rear pocket or in the flap pocket. I also think it may be inconvenient with the open style to flip the direction of the wallet when getting coins out of the wallet. I do not like a lot of fuss when checking out.

Any assistance is appreciated.

My other wallets that I presently have are the Kusama Insolite (which I loved for a year before it was reglazed and never used once it returned), ZCP (which I have used every day since the Kusama went in for glazing) and 2 cles. I am not someone who changes wallets frequently so I am not sure about changing on weekends.

Maybe do a post in the Eva clubhouse to get some feedback there, or scroll through it to see what Eva owners use and think? I have a clemence and love it. I find it lightweight compared to other wallets. However, I don't own an Eva, so I can't chime in on that. Good luck.

Maybe do a post in the Eva clubhouse to get some feedback there, or scroll through it to see what Eva owners use and think? I have a clemence and love it. I find it lightweight compared to other wallets. However, I don't own an Eva, so I can't chime in on that. Good luck.

I definitely second this advice. I can also recommend the YouTuber Jerusha Couture, who I believe has a one or two amazing reviews on the ZCW. I am sure you can find more than that, as well as a few on the Clemence.

Hi!

I love my Clemence! I've been using her daily for a few months now with no issues. There is plenty of room for cash and cards. I love the extra security of the two side compartments and the pop of colour is amazing! I haven't had any problems with the quality of wallet, the zip and zipper. The leather tab is holding up well and not becoming damaged or deformed despite being tossed around in my Speedy.

Regardless of whichever wallet you go for, apart from the ZCP, I think most wallets will be a snug fit for the Eva.

Hope that helps!

Thank you all for the input so far. I did search the Eva clubhouse but it didn't really help too much. I know the even with the ZCP I need to be careful with what I carry because I hate it when Eva looks stuffed and the zipper ripples. I have done watched a few YouTube videos including JC and I know she loves it. There is also not a lot of activity in the Clemence clubhouse.

I think I am really down to a few questions - is the Clemence quality on par with the ZCW? If you have the ZCW is it a pain if you do a lot of cash transactions to get the money (paper and coins) in and out of the wallet? Also does US currency get caught in the zipper if placed vertically in the flap rather than the large back pocket?

Found this thread on zcw in Eva:
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/zippy-compact-for-eva-742631.html

And this:
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/wallet-for-the-eva-871366-2.html

Hopefully the two threads linked above can shed some light if you haven't read them already.

Regarding quality in clemence, I haven't had any issues with it. Keep in mind there can be people that post on tpf and slam an item (or have a strong opinion. As I know of one post that did this to the clemence and the poster didn't/doesn't even own the item). Yet, looking at that posters history revealed that poster slammed another LV, yet later purchased it and changed their opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: ASL4Allie
I have both wallets and I'm loving Clemence right now. The ZCW is a little bulky but shorter so it just depends how much you fit it in. I know it's a pain to switch wallets out but that's what I find to be best good luck!

Hi!

I love my Clemence! I've been using her daily for a few months now with no issues. There is plenty of room for cash and cards. I love the extra security of the two side compartments and the pop of colour is amazing! I haven't had any problems with the quality of wallet, the zip and zipper. The leather tab is holding up well and not becoming damaged or deformed despite being tossed around in my Speedy.

Regardless of whichever wallet you go for, apart from the ZCP, I think most wallets will be a snug fit for the Eva.

Hope that helps!

Thank you. It did help. I was concerned the leather tabs would get messy inside my other bags with my other items.

Thank you. It did help. I was concerned the leather tabs would get messy inside my other bags with my other items.
I appreciate the good reviews of Clemence. I called this afternoon to check the inventory at my closest store (over 1.5 hours away) and they only had one ZCW in mono. I decided to keep and enjoy Clemence. I also looked at the zipper pull on my ZCP and it has lost some of the gold color on the pull tab from use over the last 8 months of constant use. I decide to keep and love Clemence and change out to the ZCP or cles when I use Eva. Thank you to everyone who helped with the decision.

i just got the clemence in Fuchsia today and I think it's great quality. I also have the josephine with similar pull tab and have no had any issues with it wearing badly - I think it can easily be replaced if it does and it will be a lot less expensive than a metal option :smile:

Good Luck deciding!

Found this thread on zcw in Eva:
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/zippy-compact-for-eva-742631.html

And this:
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/wallet-for-the-eva-871366-2.html

Hopefully the two threads linked above can shed some light if you haven't read them already.

Regarding quality in clemence, I haven't had any issues with it. Keep in mind there can be people that post on tpf and slam an item (or have a strong opinion. As I know of one post that did this to the clemence and the poster didn't/doesn't even own the item). Yet, looking at that posters history revealed that poster slammed another LV, yet later purchased it and changed their opinion.

LOL ... Pretty sure I know exactly who you're talking about :giggles:

OP - I don't own any SLGs by LV, but I've thought about getting the Clemence as my first. I think it's super functional and the price is reasonable considering you would pay almost twice the amount for a full sized wallet. Plus the colored interior is very nice.