Clémence leather, deep vein or crack ?

Muffin_Top

Better right now than never.
Sep 2, 2019
Hello dear fellow Hermès fans.
I would like to share with you a little concern I have about my beloved new Lindy in Clémence leather.
The first time I wore it, the direct sunlight made appear an uneven spot on the front panel.
This spot only shows with bright sunlight coming from up. Here sitting in my flat there’s nothing to be seen.
I looked at it a thousand times, wondering wether it is just a deeper vein or a true crack that might get worse.
I'm embarrassed to post what can appear as a small detail that can hardly be pictures correctly, but if it's a true concern in your opinion I'd better solve it sooner than later.
Thanks by advance !
IMG_20200612_175902.jpgIMG_20200612_175908.jpg
IMG_20200612_175919.jpg
IMG_20200612_175926.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: WhyMrBabcock!
Hmm yeah I am not sure if it’s the photos but it does look a little different from just a vein to me but I am no expert either and don’t own any long time Clemence pieces...

In lieu of going into a store (which can be hard at this time) perhaps you can try asking for Docride’s expert opinion here? :idea:

Thank you.
It is Vert Bosphore, and this color is amazing. Sometimes green, but to me it is more often blue.
I'm going to ask Docride, and I'm going to the shop on Tuesday.
Do you think after 1 month they could refuse to consider it was probably there from the start ?

Reactions: CMilly
Hello dear fellow Hermès fans.
I would like to share with you a little concern I have about my beloved new Lindy in Clémence leather.
The first time I wore it, the direct sunlight made appear an uneven spot on the front panel.
This spot only shows with bright sunlight coming from up. Here sitting in my flat there’s nothing to be seen.
I looked at it a thousand times, wondering wether it is just a deeper vein or a true crack that might get worse.
I'm embarrassed to post what can appear as a small detail that can hardly be pictures correctly, but if it's a true concern in your opinion I'd better solve it sooner than later.
Thanks by advance !
View attachment 4755253View attachment 4755254
View attachment 4755258
View attachment 4755260
This is a small crack. Very very small. I had one in a BK40 that disappeared after some weeks. This color is amazing.

To me , at least , it looks like the beginning Of a tiny crack- but I’m hardly an expert...I would take it into a store to get it looked at- the color is beautiful!
I am not sure but I would take it in. What colour is it?
Hmm yeah I am not sure if it’s the photos but it does look a little different from just a vein to me but I am no expert either and don’t own any long time Clemence pieces...

In lieu of going into a store (which can be hard at this time) perhaps you can try asking for Docride’s expert opinion here? :idea:

It looks like a tiny crack to me, it's not a vein or at least that's what I get from the pictures.
This is a small crack. Very very small. I had one in a BK40 that disappeared after some weeks. This color is amazing.

The craftsman in FSH gave the answer: neither a vein nor a crack, it was a shallow scratch and nothing to worry about.
It was slightly re-painted overnight, and now I cannot see anymore where this mark used to be :heart:
I wanted to take a few more pictures to show you its incredible color, but it looks much less rich than in reality.
In any case, I highly recommend you Vert Bosphore with GHW, this association is stunning.