Clearing Shoe Clutter

1. How long do you keep a pair of shoes? I have Prada Maryjanes from ten years ago...keep or donate? If you haven't worn shoes in so many years do you keep them just in case?:wtf:

2. I just cleaned out my closets and got rid of anything I did not wear, like or want because I am trying to simpilify my life and organize everything. I don't think I kept any shoes that were over 3 years old. I figure if I haven't wore them I will probably not wear them in the future. It is refreshing to clear out the clutter and I did buy some nice things these past few months so I am happy.

3. Thanks gillianna...3 years is a good idea!

4. I do shoe cleaning every year- but then the ones I ahvent worn in 1 year just get shuffled to a different, distant closet. I only sell or toss the oens that dont fit or I just absolutely HATE...

5. If you're not using them you need to get rid of them. They are taking up space. I say either donate them or put them up on consignment.

6. I agree w/ elongreach. I just cleaned my shoe closet not too long ago and donated several pairs and bought some shoes that I could reall use.

7. I change out my closets each spring and fall so I donate everything (if in good condition) I haven't used the prior 12 months. I make an exception for shoes that are special occasion (and I still have the dress they go with). I finally got rid of all of my chunky heels this last year, because I don't wear them. I admit I held onto them a bit longer than I should have. I find it so much easier to create outfits and to know what I do and don't need when the clutter is cleaned out. Besides, I want to wear my favorite shoes, not the ones I've chosen not to wear for some reason or another!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice