Tech Clearing cache on phones?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone, if anyone knows how to fix this it'd be a big help. I have the Verizon HTC Imagio and the Text Messaging icon always has a little number over it for how many new texts you have. Well mine says 2 even though I have no new texts, it's been like this for about a month now, nothing will make it go away. I don't have any texts hiding anywhere or anything it's just like a frozen glitch thing and it's very annoying because if my phone says "3 new massages" I really only have 1 new message. Does anyone know if there's a way to clear the cache on smart phones without completely losing all data? Thanks!

2. Have you tried doing a battery pull? This happened on my Blackberry and doing a battery pull solved the issue.

3. No, I haven't what is that? I know so little about phones sorry lol :shame:

4. It's ok! I didn't know how to do anything when I got my BB. Just remove the battery while your phone is still on, wait a few seconds, then re-insert the battery and turn the phone back on. This should fix it.

5. Ah ok I'll try that, thanks! :smile:

6. Nope, that didn't work, but thanks for the suggestion anyway!

7. FIXED IT!!!!! Ok so if anyone else has this problem, I followed exactly what they said to do in that link and it worked perfectly. Hope it doesn't happen again lol

8. Glad you were able to work it out! :smile:

9. i had the imagio for a week, absoloutley hated it and it always did that to me!! hopefully it wont come back