Clear plastic?

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I hate it when a little detail ruins a perfectly good shoe. Stella McCartney, I hate you for this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    These shoes look so nice otherwise but the clear trim just says cheap to me. I saw some of these shoes in person and they don't look any better. From far away they can be eye-catching, then you approach and see the weird plastic. Why is it there? I feel like I've seen other designers do it too, but can't think of them off the top of my head, so I'm picking on Stella. I don't know, am I being too harsh? What do you guys think of the clear? Sorry if you guys love it. It may look better on a foot.

2. Bumping this for the sole reason that it was my first thread on tPF, back when I was a n00b. In any case, what DO you guys think of clear trim?

3. lol yay for the n00b bump! I think it can be really badly done, as shown and urgh I can imagine all the blisters anyone who buys those shows will get. Plastic is so unforgiving!

4. I completly agree.. The first thing i thought of was "shoes that have just gone through a recycling machine." I have the strongest urge to get out a pair of scissors and cut the plastic right off!!

5. There is no excuse for clear plastic.

6. Yes - no excuse. I tried a pair of those once. The clear part just fogged up then they looked REALLY tacky!

7. It's terrible. Same with the otherwise adorable sandal. From a distance it looks really cute, then up close you see the plastic trim and it's, ugh, why did you do that.

I do occasionally like the lucite looking heel, but plastic on the shoe itself, I can't handle it.

8. Hee-hee, n00b bump! I can see how it might work in theory, but in practice, it doesn't say anything to me but "cheap."

9. I had a pair of plastic shoes when I was a kid. Most uncomfortable things ever. I really wouldn't even consider purchasing a pair of shoes with plastic, especially when there are so many other amazing shoes out there

10. Gross:throwup:

11. Not my favorite - it just doesn't look comfortable.

12. I agree that it cheapens the shoe. I would love to be a fly on the wall of the Stella meeting where someone envisioned clear plastic all over their shoes would be all the rage. :Push: :yucky:

13. [​IMG] [​IMG]

these would never stay on the foot without the plastic!!
    however, she could've maybe used mesh instead..... :s

14. Plastic shoes reminds me of hooker heels

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice