Cleansing Oil. Anyone use this?

I make my own, and it works great - plus it's cheaper, and I know it's 100% natural. My recipe:

1/3 extra virgin olive oil
1/3 hazelnut oil
1/3 almond oil

10% PEG-7 Olivate (this makes it water soluble)
5% Vitamin E (which acts as a preservative)

That's all you really need. So if you use 3 oz each of the oils, you'd want about 1/2 oz of Vit. E and 1 oz of the Olivate.

Mix it in a large measuring cup, that's the easiest way to do it - pour it in a pump bottle. Keep it out of the shower/heat - and away from light, that'll keep it fresher, longer. Just pump a palm full and rub it over your face, then rinse clean.

I do add essential oils sometimes - I add .05% Orange EO and .05% Lemon EO and a few drops of Tea Tree EO

You can get the oils, liquid vitamin E & essential oils at the grocery store, normally. I order the Olivate from a company called Garden of Wisdom ( www.gardenofwisdom.com ).

No one has mentioned the Boscia Oil Cleanser and I'm really surprised... a SA at Sephora suggested this to me a few months ago, and I don't know how I ever managed to live without it! I was very, very skeptical at first because I have oily skin and stubborn acne so I thought an oil cleanser would make it so much worse. But it's amazing for taking makeup off, it smells great, has a great consistency, and has definitely improved my complexion :smile: I love the ingredients in Boscia products, too! They're a little expensive, but worth it IMO.

http://www.boscia.net/catalog/product_detail.php?products_id=64

Like all the other girls, I've used Shu Uemura's cleansing oils.
I've also tried DHC, which (in my opinion) is the EXACT SAME THING for a fraction of the price.
Right now I'm using one by Kose Softymo (a Japanese drugstore brand) and honestly....to me they all felt/worked the same....:thinking:

cleansing oils are the best thing ever to clean the face effectively!

i started off with olive oil, & then went on to DHC.

I love DHC oil better than olive oil as I can literally see the white sebum/dirt/gunk etc coming out of my pores when I slowly massage the oil into my skin - its really amazing!

here is a helpful read re. cleansing oil - it was this article that got me started!

http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

I have Dermalogica Precleanse, which is supposed to remove all makeup, sunscreen, eye makeup, etc. before you use your regular cleanser. It is great! My skin is normally oily and it feels great after using it. They say oil gets rid of oil (water and oil do not mix) and I definitely see the benefits!

i'm a convert and currently use the yellow shu uemura cleansing oil. it takes off all my makeup so easily. before i was using the dhc one and it works well too, but i found the shu brand does a better job taking off my eye makeup. i could do without its fragrance though.

Have any one tried and love it?
I have tried the following

-shumuera cleansing oil
Not a big fan, it doesn't remove my waterproof makeup

- fancl cleansing oil
It does remove makeup effectively and it's not that oily compared to other brands. Very easy to use and it's not scented

-Ettusais
Best cleansing oil of all. My skin doesn't feel greasy, doesn't clog pores (most importantly) and it removes my waterproof makeup but it's pretty pricy

-ettude house (pink bottle)
the cheapest and most effective brand. Doesn't sting my eyes and doesn't feel greasy at all. The downside, there's this 'oil' smell that comes with it but it doesn't really bother me. It is also pretty thick compared to other brands

After cleansing oil I still wash my face with cleanser :smile:

Yes! I only use cleansing oils when I use foundation, most TM & MSFN days I'll just use a milk cleanser (KORRES Milk Proteins Foaming, at the moment.) I do use a seperate eye makeup remover (Bioderma Sensibio H20), and follow up with a second cleanse.

FTR, I have sensitive, dehydrated skin that can be more combo and clog-prone in Summertime and humidity.

Lancome Huile Douceur. The most effective I've tried, and still my HG. I do find it's got a... floraly smell almost? But it doesn't seem to bother my sensitive skin. It also is quite hydrating - it washes clean, but it leaves a bit of residue; similar to LRP Toleraine Dermo-Cleanser. I find this very nice in Winter.

shu A/O (green). I tried the travel size, I didn't find it emulsified very well. It also had a strong cucumber smell, but it isn't as potent as Caudalie products (for instance. The Buffing Cream... oy vey.)

Nip + Fab Clean Fix. Cheap, but much more effective than something like the Ponds Cold Cream (and less messy.) No smell. Rinses a little too clean though, so I tend to skip this once the weather drops. But I do like this in Summer when my skin is that bit oilier. This has the worst, crappiest packaging of any cleansing oil - the spout constantly leaks after opening, so skip taking this in your bag.

Laneige Moisturizing. Similar to the Lancome in that it tends to leave a bit of a hydrating film, but I don't think it's as effective - the Lancome tends to emulsify more. Also, the allure of Optimum Points or HBC Rewards beats treking to Koreatown.

Absolutely, I have tried DHC and RMK Co's but never really liked them.

Shu Uemura High Performance Balancing and Beauty A/O oils are my HG, I also like the Enriched and Fresh ones, but will always have the HPB to hand! All remove every speck of makeup, including waterproof and sunscreen.

I also liked the Sana Numeraka Soybean oil, may actually repurchase it :smile: