Cleansing balm or cleansing oil to remove makeup?

I just purchased Clinique's Take the Day Off-Cleansing balm which seemed to work really well in taking off all of my makeup. I like that you don't need to use a lot of the product but you also get quite a bit of the product so it will last a long time.

I used to use Baby Face by Lush but it was discontinued so I started using their Ultrabland which is an amazing makeup remover and cleanser. It's very thick almost like vaseline but more creamy and gets off every stitch of makeup including waterproof mascara and is very gentle. It comes in a descent sized tub and always makes my skin feel very nice afterwords - I usually don't use a moisturizer with it because my skin is more on the oily side, but it all depends on your skin and what you like.

I am using cleansing milk, cleansing oil and cleansing balm for make up removal. It all depends on my skin condition (oily/dry) and the types of makeup I'm wearing that day before I choose which of them to use.

I'm using Fancl Cleansing Oil, RMK Cleansing balm (great for heavy makeup), and RMK Cleansing Milk (for light powder foundation)

My regular Shiseido cleanser is good enough for me. But if anyone reads New Beauty Magazine, I just wanted to say that they have at least one page that features cleansing balms and cleansing oils this month. It's definitely a good one to read if anyone is questing their skincare regime. It also features this cleansing balm which I am very fascinated by and really wanna try http://www.diptyqueparis.com/nourishing-cleansing-balm.html but I don't have any reason to, because my cleanser that I have now is working great for me.

I have combo skin in the fall/winter/spring but more oily in the summer time. I'm debating on whether to try a cleansing balm to remove makeup or a cleansing oil.

In the past, I've used Shu Uemura's cleansing oils to remove my makeup. It worked great because it broke down the eye makeup etc really well and was easy to use. However, Shu Uemura is a bit pricey and I'd like some other good options..
Has anyone tried the Clinique Take the Day Off -Cleansing balm?

Any suggestions on your experiences using cleansing oils, cleansing waters, balms would be helpful. I've never used BioDerma cleansing water but I've heard great things about it..

I use two cleansers daily switching between the two. Normally I use the Liz Earle "Cleanse & Polish" in the morning and Emma Hardie's "Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm" at night. They both work very well removing all dirt and or makeup while leaving skin soft and supple.

Because they are "hot cloth" cleansers they also exfoliate your skin as well. I've had no issues with breakouts or reactions with either product. So those are my recommendations, oh and they last for ages so they are not as expensive as they may first appear. :smile:

These are some great recommendations on cleansing balms, oils etc. I think it's great to hear about a variety of products and experiences from several people. Thank you everyone for your comments and for continuing this thread. :smile:

for the face I am not as particular, but I used to have lid allergies because of an eye makeup remover (by Neutrogena) that I used, I switched to Pond's cold cream, the classic option proven to stand the test of time that will most certainly not irritate your delicate eye area.

Yes. I love love love cliniques take the day off cleansing oil. It takes off all my makeup! I have oily skin in the summer and winter, I get dry patches. I love how this product is for all skin types. This product is holy grail!

i have been using bobbi brown's soothing cleansing oil. it is amazing and has helped my skin which tends to get combo/dry in the winter.

Eve Lom Cleanser

I love both of these and so does my mother, who's in her mid-60s. Both require little product and leave your skin looking gorgeous. As I age I've developed very sensitive skin and neither break me out, leave me red, cause subtle irritation, etc.

They are both $50 each, but well worth it and I'd say last at least three months or so.

I have Josie Maran. It's okay. But since I bought a bottle of sweet almond oil from Market Street I haven't really been using the Josie. I'm in love and I got change back on my $10 bill...

Eve Lom balm (but i don't think the price is cheaper dan Shu)

Coconutoil ( RMS,Jacksons or any other organic)

Jojoba oil (good for people with acne)

After that i think that any face wash is good, it stays on your face like for a minute ... i wouldnt pay too much!