Cleaning your Zip clutch

pquiles

O.G.
Jun 28, 2006
Has anyone tried cleaning theirs. I have the quilted zip clutch wallet and use it quilte often and have been wondering how I should approach cleaning it. I want to know if anyone else has attempted to clean theirs.

I like the Apple Guarde Conditioner and Repellent spray for my new bags/wallets. But, I don't know how effective the conditioner is on non-treated items. I'd be afraid to use the repellent, too, as it may seal in the dirt.

That's what I'm afraid of...sealing in dirt. My DH suggested I use Tuff Stuff...the stuff you use to clean carpets etc:nuts::confused1:, I think he was kidding..yup, he was...um..he'd better be!

Ok..this isn't helpful except for new stuff...but it's because of spilled orange juice in my Teal New Tote...(soft yellow suede) that I always condition the bags and then silicone the heck out of them..I know you are "supposed" to let them wear in..but in my house wear in is a real THING...
I took my bag to a leather cleaner and they would't touch it with a ten foot pole and a mighty release..so home I trotted and used a soft kitchen towel a little warm water and some dish washing soap. This probably breaks every rule in the book but it worked. mags