Cleaning Your Balenciaga

The handles on my '09 Praline have seen better days. I always figured it was well-loved and that happens over time. Well, the time is showing its age, and it's not as well-loved as I thought it would look so much as... in need of TLC, lol.

I've consistently used Apple Guarde spray for protection, but I've never actually used something to clean the handles, just Apple Conditioner on the entire bag (including handles) and never had a problem anywhere else on it. Now, the handles are showing the dirtiness and wear, and I'm honestly afraid to use anything.

I've read about Apple Cleaner, Coach cleaner, TKO Orange cleaner on the forum... I wonder if we will ever find the one go-to cleaner that work on all handle types, or if it depends on the dye color :confused1: I want to try an at-home remedy on the handles before sending it anywhere. If anyone has a swear-by handle cleaner for their Bal, particularly the lighter color ones, please post!
Also you can

I know I should be searching the thread for the answer but Ive never been successful with the search function.
But the question I have is has anyone been successful in removing a water mark from chevre leather.
Im interested in a bag and would love to know if I could clean it up before I buy

I know I should be searching the thread for the answer but Ive never been successful with the search function.
But the question I have is has anyone been successful in removing a water mark from chevre leather.
Im interested in a bag and would love to know if I could clean it up before I buy
Hmmm, I wonder if you could just dunk the whole bag? I've used mild soap and water on an agneau Day then reconditioned it with good results.

I have dunked many of the old school Coach glove leather bags and they store wonderfully. The only thing I did with a Bag was cleaning the handle. I mixed Dawn detergent with baking soda and made a paste which I put on to the handles. I let it sit for an hour or so and then rinsed. The handles take forever to dry, like a month. I am going to paint them and they will look brand new.

Reactions: Narnanz
Are you sure it's a water mark? Not sure how you can tell for certain, if it's something else you may not be able to fix it.
hmmmmm....I dont know...trying to find something I can afford and in reasonable condition is getting harder...I have had to up my budget but I have to realistic as most of the shipping is in the NZ$100 mark and taxes after that.
What are the Japanese sellers like...Im waiting on a few with more pictures but dont think they are going to oblige

hmmmmm....I dont know...trying to find something I can afford and in reasonable condition is getting harder...I have had to up my budget but I have to realistic as most of the shipping is in the NZ$100 mark and taxes after that.
What are the Japanese sellers like...Im waiting on a few with more pictures but dont think they are going to oblige
Brandearauctions is one I've purchased from with success. Boom2hanten is another. Both have answered emails but I can't recall if I asked for extra photos and got them.

Reactions: Narnanz