Cleaning tips/advice?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. any ideas for cleaning the canvas/ toile. its nothing major --a couple slightly grubby patches. DOnt went to send it in for this...............

2. I have always cleaned off the dirt of my toiles pieces myself with just a bit of warm water and perhaps just a bit of soap...then clean off the soap from the toile with more warm water. I have found toile really very easy to clean off surface stains.

3. I agree, very mild soap...use the lather...and a microfiber cloth. (You can buy them in bulk at Costco-Sams)

4. My SA said they clean it with sunlight soap!

I have done mine in the past with soap flakes and luke warm water. Make sure you rinse the soap off well.

5. thanks

6. I used Carplan Upholstery Cleaner for car seats on :

1) Beige Canvas Prada Tote
    2) Brown Canvas Prada Messenger Slingbag
    3) Black Herbag
    4) Black Garden Party.

It's worked thus far.

7. I'ved tried a soft toothbrush in addition to mild soap and water. Worked wonders! Good luck.

8. Oh 24, you the best!! I completely forgotten that I used that method before and it works perfectly because it can get in between all the crevices of the toile. I love using toothbrushs to clean things, they are very handy tools.

9. :heart::heart: MrsMorris (you are who I think you are, right? Changed ID?). Yes, the bristles really help to lift out any ick!

10. ^^Yes, my dear, ;):heart:!! Changed it up a bit....
    Aren't toothbrushes simply little cleaning miracles?!? I hope that it works out well for you, Hermesaholic.