Cleaning the inside of vintage coach?

klb4556

O.G.
May 18, 2009
So the bag in question is looking really good on the exterior, but the interior needs cleaning. No pen marks just what looks like dirt, dark spots from say- a black leather wallet that rubbed in there and transferred, just overall pretty dirty look.

Now, I've read about submerging the bag ( since it's unlined) in gentle detergent and lukewarm water, and wouldn't mind giving it an overall clean, but is that totally safe, and will it actually help?

Or is there some other way to clean the inside only, a mean a deep, thorough clean?

Thanks so so much!

So the bag in question is looking really good on the exterior, but the interior needs cleaning. No pen marks just what looks like dirt, dark spots from say- a black leather wallet that rubbed in there and transferred, just overall pretty dirty look.

Now, I've read about submerging the bag ( since it's unlined) in gentle detergent and lukewarm water, and wouldn't mind giving it an overall clean, but is that totally safe, and will it actually help?

Or is there some other way to clean the inside only, a mean a deep, thorough clean?

Thanks so so much!

I have cleaned the interior of Coach classics for a long time with a stiff wire brush (like a toothbrush, but bigger) found at the dollar store in the hardware/auto department. It does a really good job on things stuck on it, food or otherwise. Ink marks are reduced, but not completely gone. Do not use on the smooth leather, just the suede.