Cleaning the Bird.........

S'Mom

Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
I have a lovely Ostrich Bern and I'm wondering about maintaining it. Normally, I use Meltonian on my Box Bern every so often....not much though and this keeps the leather supple and cleans it if needed.

Is this necessary for Ostrich too? And what do you use? And how often do you use it?

Yikes......so many questions.......:Push:

oh s'mom, since you have this lovely ostrich bearn to care for, how 'bout a little picture of your baby???? come on, humor me, my head is stuffed full of Tylenol cold medicine :Push: feeling very much the floopster today!

oh s'mom, since you have this lovely ostrich bearn to care for, how 'bout a little picture of your baby???? come on, humor me, my head is stuffed full of Tylenol cold medicine :Push: feeling very much the floopster today!

Poorly girl, here's a nice Hot Toddy to make you feel better.

I'm sorry I've no idea what to do with Ostrich I'm afraid, but I'm sure someone will know.

23368833.jpg

how sweet you are fleurset!
what is in this goody, hot tea with lemon? i so wish i could reach out and slurp that up, thank you!:heart:
23368833.jpg

love your bearn smom and thanks to you for humoring me!

Why don't you call Claude and get the definitive answer? I think Meltonian is ok, but it could darken it a little.

d, you know how ostrich handles will darken? i think that's a good indication that it will darken if you use the meltonian on it. the handles are 'conditioned' by skin oils when held, so i would expect treatment products would have the same efffect.