Cleaning suede interiors

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm sure this must've been discussed here loads already so I apologise for repeating, but I was wondering if you lovely ladies have any tips for cleaning the interiors of darwin/veg tanned bags? No big spills or splodges or anything, just usual wear-type darkening around the edges from fingers etc (ewww, that sounds like I've got really mucky hands - I don't! :biggrin:). It's not too much of a worry, but it'd be nice if I could clean them up a bit. Any advice? TIA x

2. Some people have mentioned sandpaper?

Could also try a suede brush?

3. Yes sandpaper, quite a fine sandpaper and then give it a good brush afterwards. Comes up a treat. Dependant on the bag, you might be able to turn it inside out before sandpapering it.

4. Thank you so much ladies, I shall pop over to Homebase tomorrow and buy some fine sandpaper! :tup: