Cleaning stain off leather

Hello! Does anyone have suggestions on how to clean this stain? Can’t tell what it’s from but fortunately it is on the bottom of the bag. Thank you!View attachment 5140072
Mix up a bowl of very diluted Woolite for delicate laundry (or any non-scented basic soap), use a new toothbrush and dampen the brush slightly with the solution, and then scrub lightly over the stain. Repeat as needed. Do not be alarmed if the leather darkens. Using a slightly damp white cotton towel, remove any soapy residue. Let dry naturally and any darkening will disappear. Condition with leather conditioner if you notice any dryness to the leather once the project is completed.

Mix up a bowl of very diluted Woolite for delicate laundry (or any non-scented basic soap), use a new toothbrush and dampen the brush slightly with the solution, and then scrub lightly over the stain. Repeat as needed. Do not be alarmed if the leather darkens. Using a slightly damp white cotton towel, remove any soapy residue. Let dry naturally and any darkening will disappear. Condition with leather conditioner if you notice any dryness to the leather once the project is completed.

Thank you for the advice! I’ll try it out!

I’d recommend to first try damp cloth, if doesn’t work, try damp cloth with mild soap (make sure squeeze the water out your cloth, so not dripping water if you know what I mean), if that doesn’t work, try a well reviewed leather cleaning product. Other rare methods I tried on removing stain as such that worked include use a soft art erasers to gently apply on the area. With all these methods, please make sure you used little amount, or gentle force, and repeat a few times to see if helps.

I tried this yesterday on an old white leather bag (80s/90s), and it worked out quite well on the black dye transfer and some other marks of unknown origin. Thanks for the tip!