Cleaning speedy ebene?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello everyone :smile:

So I have pretty dry skin and cannot leave my house without lotion daily. I thought I was doing a pretty good job cleaning my hands but find I carry my speedy on my arm a lot. I am starting to notice some build up along the inside of my handles.. nothing crazy yet but would like to prevent it from getting worse (minus cutting out lotion all together.. i know tsk tsk) My question is if any one has any good ideas or had any success cleaning these handles? I know it is a care free bag but I figure someone else has got to have the same issue somewhere!

Thank you in advance!:biggrin:

2. I have a DE speedy, I usually use a slightly damp soft cloth towel. I've never had lotion build up though, or at least I think lol going to check now! That's always been my go-to cleaning method though. Best of luck!

3. Thanks! It's strange because I can't see it but I feel it on the underside of the handles.

4. DE leather is heavily coated. You can just wipe it with a damp cloth. It cleans very easily.

kellytheshopper likes this.
  5. Hmmmm ok, now I think I know what you are talking about. If anyone else has experience with this issue I would love to know what they do! I have only ever tried that method and it has worked.

6. Good question. I was wondering too if there was anything to use to clean germs (besides water) and condition treated leather. Can LMB Vachetta set (cleaner and conditioner) be used on treated leather or should I try Cadillac cleaner and conditioner on the treated leather.

7. I agree that the ebene leather is well protected by coating. I just clean with a clean damp facecloth. I don't even use baby wipes like some people because although gentle they still have lotions in them so prefer plain water.