Scarves Cleaning and Caring for Hermès Scarves

Success! The Laundress stain remover got rid of 85% of the two stains and the scarf looks like new. I did a quick swirl in the water with the Laundress delicate wash and then rinsed and jelly rolled each scarf. They are now drying flat. Thank you, everyone!

What's jelly rolling? You're inspiring me to do a wash now!

I recently tried the Loro Piana cashmere soap. I'm really amazed with the result. The CSGM feels divine like cotton candy after wash. It makes them feel even newer than when they were new, like more H than H. How is it possible? I'm getting addicted to how my scarves feel after using this soap but it is soooooooo pricey!!! Maybe I'll try to save it for HG scarves. Not sure if this is helpful given the price, but I thought I would share in case someone wants to feel pampered..

Have read through the entire thread, so much useful advice re. washing the scarves. However, can anyone chime in re. washing and ironing mousseline changeants? I have two 140, the first one used quite a lot already and has become much more "scrunched up" than usual twill 90ies. I have used a bottle and gently sprayed with water from a distance, and the result is a rather crinkly and a bit softer scarf. Since it is a changeante I haven't dared ironing it - has anyone done this without damage to their scarves? I have just acquired another one which is brand new and rather more stiff, but even when I lightly drape it on my couch to get a feel for the colours and patterns, it becomes rather crunched and doesn't bounce back like ordinary silk does (at least to a degree). I would love for this lasat one not to become crinkly, so any advice would be heartly welcomed!

Has anyone used Laudress on Mousslines ? I have good experience washing regular 90 silks but not sure about the ciffon moussies..... TIA

Yes, I have.
The mousselines dry quickly. I read someplace to iron while still damp so the texture doesn't change. Which I did, and they came out fine!

Hello scarf lovers!

Just chiming in on mousselines. In the last few months I had the pleasure (!?!) of needing to wash several moussies. There was one GM size changeant that needed washing because I got something on it and so I did a test run with a pocket square size done the way scarf1 suggests. They just get gently hand washed in delicate detergent like laundress that I use on the twills and while they are still pretty wet I iron them dry on a low temp. It is a bit of a challenge with the big ones because it is so much fabric but can be done. The 90 size isn't too bad to do and the pocket squares are done in just a few minutes. Ironing the moussies dry will keep them from having that wrinkly texture. (Don't iron the hems.)

I recently tried the Loro Piana cashmere soap. I'm really amazed with the result. The CSGM feels divine like cotton candy after wash. It makes them feel even newer than when they were new, like more H than H. How is it possible? I'm getting addicted to how my scarves feel after using this soap but it is soooooooo pricey!!! Maybe I'll try to save it for HG scarves. Not sure if this is helpful given the price, but I thought I would share in case someone wants to feel pampered..

It would be a nice gift for a scarf/cashmere lover, thanks for the info

Reactions: cavalla
Hello scarf lovers!

Just chiming in on mousselines. In the last few months I had the pleasure (!?!) of needing to wash several moussies. There was one GM size changeant that needed washing because I got something on it and so I did a test run with a pocket square size done the way scarf1 suggests. They just get gently hand washed in delicate detergent like laundress that I use on the twills and while they are still pretty wet I iron them dry on a low temp. It is a bit of a challenge with the big ones because it is so much fabric but can be done. The 90 size isn't too bad to do and the pocket squares are done in just a few minutes. Ironing the moussies dry will keep them from having that wrinkly texture. (Don't iron the hems.)

Still freaking out about moussies, but knowing your collection gives me confidence to give it a go when the time comes.

Reactions: bunnycat
Still freaking out about moussies, but knowing your collection gives me confidence to give it a go when the time comes.

It's mostly just a race against the clock with the iron on the big ones! :lol: :panic: Th smaller sizes are a breeze by comparison. And the washing part itself is really no different at all. I'm a lot more afraid of ever having the need to clean a dip dye. Especially the dip dye that I have (your twin on Kaki C'est la Fete).

After washing one of the little pocket squares I had (it was a terrible color on me) something like 6 times and ironing 6 times to dry so I could put it up for sale, I'm not afraid of washing moussies. Every time I thought I was done with that poor thing, I found something else I was unhappy about and washed it again.

Hi Ladies,
I apologize in advance if this has been mentioned in previous posts -
I have definitely washed silk scarves with great success, but I am recently interested in purchasing a few Hermes Cashmere/silk 140cm scarves.

I was wondering if anyone can share their experience with washing Hermes silk/cashmere scarves? Do you hand wash them or are these best cleaned by dry cleaning? Any experience with them pilling after washing?
Thank you in advance!

Hi Ladies,
I have definitely washed silk scarves with great success, but I am recently interested in purchasing a few Hermes Cashmere/silk 140cm scarves.

I was wondering if anyone can share their experience with washing Hermes silk/cashmere scarves? Do you hand wash them or are these best cleaned by dry cleaning? Any experience with them pilling after washing?
Thank you in advance!
i am expecting to receive one i a few days, and will dare to give it a try, will report back the results :smile:

Reactions: Coconuts40
Hi Ladies,

Thank you in advance!
I wash mine with Laundress cashmere shampoo. No pills and they are perfect after :heart:

Reporting back :smile:
This what i've used:
Woolite
Colour grab sheets

Attachments

• IMG-20170604-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20170604-WA0003.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG-20170604-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20170604-WA0004.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG-20170604-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20170604-WA0006.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 437
90 cm silk carre Hiver en Poste and 90 cm S&C Flora Graeca
Silk carre had a yellow line on the light background
Flora Graeca had no stains, but i wanted to refresh it and this cw seemed the safest to experiment on

Attachments

• IMG-20170604-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20170604-WA0005.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG-20170604-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20170604-WA0007.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 440
Water was tap cold, and i let the sheet of Colour grab soak for a few mins before dipping the scarves
First went silk, all went well, no any colour run
Second came in S&C and... geeezzz.... it RAN and BLED A LOT!!!

Attachments

• IMG-20170604-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20170604-WA0009.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG-20170604-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20170604-WA0010.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG-20170604-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20170604-WA0011.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG-20170604-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20170604-WA0012.jpg