Scarves Cleaning and Caring for Hermès Scarves

I got in a scarf that has fuschias and reds on ebay......

and it was supposed to be immaculate but it came with a water stain ring and some smudges.

Quinn's mom had said to take a cotton ball and use rubbing alcohol to blot out to release the stain then use a dishwashing soap to clean it...

I used the rubbing alcohol on the water ring and then used La Blanc silk wash....and some color came out.

what do I do now? should I handwash the entire scarf?

or dry clean? or is all this going to make it worse??

Ladies, you have so many secret techniques, thank you all for sharing! Let me share mine. It is is very very simple but haven't failed me even once (gotta spit 3 times over my left shoulder not to jinx it). I only use Jubilee DELICATE by Johnson: dissolve a little in a tub of cold/room temperature water, let it stay there for a while, then I just swirl my scarf around very gently kind of rubbing it, then I rinse it, pat dry and let it semi-dry. Then I iron it and voila. Looks and feels just right and colors never fade; works just as great for cashmere and silk, etc.
Guccig, if I were you I'd find some reliable and gentle color restorative liquid for your scarf. Sorry it happened but I'm sure you can restore it. Good luck!

I've heard of Tie Crafters and they have an excellent reputation for doing an excellent job. I think this is who Hermes use in the USA although I'm not sure. In the UK though I've not found anywhere like this good this yet or I'd certainly be sending some off to save time.

Yes, Tie Crafters in NYC is recommended. I haven't used them yet, but I received one of their cards from an SA at an Hermes store long ago.

I am glad I found this thread! None of my scarves have spots - as yet, but I have wondered about sending them to my cleaner. I hate sending many things to them; if I take another pair of trousers and they are returned so that I have to re-hem them, I will scream!

Sharon

I use a gentle baby bath gel and I spray Zout on the stains before I wash the scarf. After I rinse it, I roll the scarf in a giant bath towel to get most of the moisture out and I proceed to iron.

Hi everyone! I'm a lurker, never posted anything before, but now I need help! I don't want to hand wash my scarfs, but I can't find a reliable dry cleaners in London, UK.
Anyone knows where I can take them to??

Thanks!!! :nogood:

Yes, Tie Crafters in NYC is recommended. I haven't used them yet, but I received one of their cards from an SA at an Hermes store long ago.

I took 2 scarves to Tiecrafters and i thought they were terrible, not mediocre. Terrible. Besides the fact that they couldnt get out stains that I know a really good dry cleaner like Hallak could get out at the same price point but they s-t-r-e-t-c-h out the corners of the scarf and warp its shape.

I took 2 scarves to Tiecrafters and i thought they were terrible, not mediocre. Terrible. Besides the fact that they couldnt get out stains that I know a really good dry cleaner like Hallak could get out at the same price point but they s-t-r-e-t-c-h out the corners of the scarf and warp its shape.

Wow! I'll stay away from them!! Thanks for the information. This forum is great for information!

Ladies, you have so many secret techniques, thank you all for sharing! Let me share mine. It is is very very simple but haven't failed me even once (gotta spit 3 times over my left shoulder not to jinx it). I only use Jubilee DELICATE by Johnson: dissolve a little in a tub of cold/room temperature water, let it stay there for a while, then I just swirl my scarf around very gently kind of rubbing it, then I rinse it, pat dry and let it semi-dry. Then I iron it and voila. Looks and feels just right and colors never fade; works just as great for cashmere and silk, etc.
Guccig, if I were you I'd find some reliable and gentle color restorative liquid for your scarf. Sorry it happened but I'm sure you can restore it. Good luck!

Jubilee! That's a name from my childhood. My mother always stocked it to clean patent leather. It was a furniture polish/cream. I've never heard of it used dissolved in water.. I didn't think they made it anymore. Now I'm on the hunt! Thanks!! :search: