cleaning satin shoes

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. i have this pair of white satin shoes that i loveee but they are now so dirty because i wore them after dancing barefoot...anyone have any tips on how to clean them?

2. i would like to know too

3. I have some satin shoes from Bebe that I wore on New Years Eve earlier this year, and they got pretty dirty. I took a washcloth, got the tip of it wet, dipped it in oxy clean (the powder/grainy formula), and gently rubbed the shoes. You have to be pretty careful not to leave a water mark. But it can be done. Now my shoes look like new. Sorry if my suggestion doesn't make too much sense, I'm not that great at explaining certain things! :upsidedown:

4. Hi mel, what's oxy clean? :shrugs:

5. Shoe repair! I tried to clean some pink satin shoes and messed them up. I ended up taking them to the shoe repair. I did so much damage that I had them died black. But I am a clutz.

6. I just got a pair of Stella McCartney pink satin platforms on a super duper sale. There is a little bit of dirt on them, its not offensive, but I was wondering if there was a way to clean it off without staining the shoes?

7. If it's just dirt or dust you can use nylons! Put the nylon over your hand like a glove and gently rub the spots in a circular motion and the spots should lift right off! :tup:

If it's a more substantial stain try using a satin cleaner, just ask your SA what they recommend. Once you do get them clean though, use a satin protector, it's great, kind of like ugg proctector, liquids bead off and dust and dirt doesn't stick!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice