Cleaning & Protecting your YSL bags

Anyone know what to do with the black chain straps? I’ve only carried my new black on black purse 3 times, and the chain strap is starting to chip! Help! Is there something to seal it with I don’t know about?

Hi all! First time poster here. I hope you all can help me. My husband bought be a beautiful Saint Laurent purse. It's the tag hobo in smooth saddle leather. I have used it only twice, and it has a speck of water on it. Is there anything I should use to clean that or how do I at least protect the purse from getting anymore? Any kit or products I should get? Here is the purse https://www.ysl.com/en-us/tag-hobo-...rUU8VwkChwPwvZAMRoKDknRvIyIHCLxkaAjf2EALw_wcB

I've sprayed generic leather protector spray you can get from stores eg krep spray (Aus) people use it on leather boots and doc martins etc. haven't had any issues myself. Normally if there's dust or smear I normally can wipe them off with a micro fibre cloth, and every 1-2 months depending on frequency of use I'll use a leather wipe on the whole bag then wipe it clean with a dry microfibres cloth and leave it "open air" for a few mins.

My little cousin was playing around with my YSL croc-embossed Kate WOC and somehowwwwww wiped a spot with acetone. The sheen has gone away and is now more on the matte side in comparison to the rest of the bag. It's noticeable in some lighting. It doesn't bother me too much since its a special occasion bag that I won't wear too much and I got it super cheap and final sale.
Can anyone point me in direction as to how I may fix it?

Hi all, I just got my first ever designer bag, an all-black Toy Loulou in matelasse “Y” leather. What conditioner and cleaner would work best for the calfskin leather? I’ve been looking into Cadillac, Leather Honey, and Apple but not sure. I’m scared I’ll use the wrong one and cause irreversible damage to the bag, although I hear that this bag does not need much maintenance.

74F8B947-B020-47E3-A6C0-E376BF5A335A.jpeg

Hi! I have had YSL Lou Camera Bag in use for about 1,5 years now and it shows some signs of wear (I try to attach pics here). Is there anything you can do about these? Thank you :smile:

Attachments

• 94B22ED8-A3C9-4A76-8C1E-438EC1AC6E86.jpeg
    94B22ED8-A3C9-4A76-8C1E-438EC1AC6E86.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 29
  • D4039E6D-3798-4F91-B3F8-882E4B9E7D63.jpeg
    D4039E6D-3798-4F91-B3F8-882E4B9E7D63.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 2F8A373B-579E-465F-BE6B-27D484EB55B2.jpeg
    2F8A373B-579E-465F-BE6B-27D484EB55B2.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 30
Hi! I just got the medium Lou Lou in light natural and while I am super excited, I am also quite nervous about wearing it before I treat the leather. I just ordered the Collonil Carbon Pro Spray and the Cadillac Select Premium Leather Care Kit. I've seen people post about the Apple products, but an Amazon review of a discolored Chanel bag turned me away. Does anyone have any other suggestions or should I proceed with what's on its way? Thank you!!!
What did you end up using to protect your Lou Lou? Thanks!

I just bought a Kaia bag in vintage leather. Does anyone know if the leather behaves like a vegetable tanned leather? I know it will scratch easily, and I’m ready for that patina journey, but thinking if I should at least try to protect it a little with some spray?

Areas of leather rubbed away can be fixed by using a color matching leather cream (Tarrago—-(temporary)) or using a matching leather paint and finisher (Angelus—-(permanent)).
Thanks for the recommendation. It's just so tiring to go and discuss it to the shop... I have had my long champ lambskin for 3 yrs and literally using it like no care comparing to this loulou like a baby and yet nothing happened- not a single faint rub on the corners. Thinking to ask for repair or repair it myself. Got the bag just few months ago and this what annoyed me.

Thanks for the recommendation. It's just so tiring to go and discuss it to the shop... I have had my long champ lambskin for 3 yrs and literally using it like no care comparing to this loulou like a baby and yet nothing happened- not a single faint rub on the corners. Thinking to ask for repair or repair it myself. Got the bag just few months ago and this what annoyed me.
Oh no, that’s really frustrating. Especially after just a few months. I’m usually hesitant to buy bags with folded corners for this very reason, but sometimes they’re so pretty I do anyway. Did you end up going to a YSL store and asking about it? If not, I do find the creams work pretty well. I use them on my bags and leather flats.

Hi all - I just got this cool Loulou puffer, my first YSL bag! It still has the protective foam on the straps but the bag has some scuff marks and scratches on the front and back. They aren’t terrible enough to make me send it back because I got a pretty good deal on it. I can tell that the leather is very delicate so I definitely need to protect it. Is Collonil spray safe to use on this bag? I don’t want the texture to change. What can I safely use to remove the marks or at least make them a little less obvious? Thank you!

Attachments

• 3440367A-79FA-4D3A-B9C9-262C4814ADF4.jpeg
    3440367A-79FA-4D3A-B9C9-262C4814ADF4.jpeg
    409.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 57D4D4F3-D80C-4C37-9ECC-1C588919BA83.jpeg
    57D4D4F3-D80C-4C37-9ECC-1C588919BA83.jpeg
    440.2 KB · Views: 18
Hi all - I just got this cool Loulou puffer, my first YSL bag! It still has the protective foam on the straps but the bag has some scuff marks and scratches on the front and back. They aren’t terrible enough to make me send it back because I got a pretty good deal on it. I can tell that the leather is very delicate so I definitely need to protect it. Is Collonil spray safe to use on this bag? I don’t want the texture to change. What can I safely use to remove the marks or at least make them a little less obvious? Thank you!
I use carbon pro on my puffers and haven’t had any changes to their color or texture. For the scratches, I would just use your fingers to see if you can gently rub them out.