Cleaning & Protecting your YSL bags

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Can you show us photos where it's peeling?

2. I use this wallet everyday and I'm scared the corners might peel or the glaze would wear off. I usually put it inside my bag along with my other things (most damaging would probably be my keys or usb connectors). The daily work bag is a Longchamp Le Pliage document holder and has only one main compartment without any inside pockets.

My workaround solution right now is to protect it with the dust bag, so when I have to get my money or cards, I take it out of my bag THEN out of the dustbag. It's not the most convenient, but it's the only thing I can think of right now. Any other ideas to keep it looking new?

IMG_0619.JPG
    citygirlMD likes this.
  3. Why not keep your keys, USB connectors, etc in a separate bag and keep the wallet by itself? I usually keep small items in something separate. Beautiful bag! Enjoy it!

lovieluvslux likes this.
  4. Great idea.

5. Hello,
    My WOC peeled at every corner of the envelope and all 4 bottom corners. I just got it in June and have worn it out twice. I've been careful with it. After emailing YSL customer service back and forth for two weeks, I was told to mail it in and the repairs would take 4 to 8 weeks which seems pretty absurd for the price paid for the bag and it only been 3 months owning it.

96.jpg 97.jpg 98.jpg 99.jpg
  6. Oh no :sad:

7. Hi ladies,

Help. Have u seen a scruff mark like this ? It's looks like the top coat of your nail polished is peeling off and the white base is showing? Shouldn't it be grey leather underneath? What is that ?

8. IMG_7447.JPG

9. Hi everyone, I recently bought my YSL tote. Two days ago I accidently walked too close to a wall, which caused the bag to scrub against it. I knew there would be some scratches but totally forgot about it as I was in a hurry. Today I noticed these scratches and I just can't unsee it. It bothers me, especially since I bought this bag a week ago. Can someone please help me and tell me what to do? Thanks in advance.

IMG_5543.JPG IMG_5544.JPG IMG_5545.JPG
  10. O no :sad: I heard leather conditioner helps
    God luck !

tpsouisa likes this.
  11. May I ask if and how you treated it?

12. Hi ladies!

Does anyone have any experience treating the shopping tote? I've have a brand new black tote that's been sitting in a dust bag for at least a year since I haven't figured out what I should use to treat it.. [​IMG] figured I'd start here. Any guidance would be appreciated!

13. Hello, so I am new to this forum and am in desperate need of advice. I purchased my first ysl bag for New Years this year. I decided to go with the medium sized loulou. Unfortunately I got in a dispute with my boyfriend who decided to grab my bag and stomp on it about ten times. The bag had no real damage besides it now having wrinkles in a few areas. I'm deeply under about this situation, will any leather protectant restore the look and lessen the appearance of the wrinkles? What brands would you suggest?

14. I have the Cabas Rive Gauche black croc embossed SL bag. I bought at Nordstrom and they promised free cleanings. Since I was wearing my 2013 Celine mini they said they could also clean that for free. Has anyone used their cleaning service?

15. I got my bags back today (Celine mini luggage tote and givenchy Antigona) and I am very pleased with the cleaning I received. It only took about 4 weeks to get my bags back. I sacrificed these two as a test since they are more "hardy" bags that have taken a lot of abuse. The Celine is a 2013 but looks brand new again (was just a bit dirty from oil and general use) and the Antigona looks gret too, both are black grainy calf leather. I now am confident I can send my more delicate croc embossed YSL to be cleaned with them.

As mentioned, the cleaning was free, which makes it even better. And I did not even buy either bag there!

Pictures attached, sorry if too dark in the room 20180128_195122.jpg 20180128_195130.jpg 20180128_194833.jpg 20180128_194841.jpg .

highend likes this.