Cleaning & Protecting your YSL bags

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Just got my first ysl bag (yay!) it's the y ligne clutch in cobalt blue- calfskin. I was about to treat it with apple garde (treat my bals and LVs with this) but I wanted to make sure that was correct. I've searched this thread and from what I can gather, I should spray it with apple garde. Can anyone offer insight? TIA :smile:

2. Hi, can you help me how to clean this whitish discoloration please? When I got it out of the dust bag, it has white spots, not sure where I got them :sad: The lining of the dust bag has white cloth, I'm not sure if it was a color transfer? [​IMG]

3. I also got some in my bag and I think because I just keep in my wardrobe and no ventilation come.i tried to clean it but doesn't really work

4. I'm so sorry about this, but I think it is mould :sad:

My YSL in this exact same model has gotten a mould attack before. I brought it to wash and all was fine. I used it regularly for a few months after that but not recently as the weather has been erratic with the rain. Now, I just saw that there are mould spots again :sad:

I'm not sure what I'll do about this bag now..

5. I just got the classic Y satchel in red. The leather is sooooo beautiful but seems super delicate. Just from handling it, I scratched it with my fingernail. Any advise on what to treat it with? Thank you!!

6. Just sprayed my sac du jour last night and i had no issues! If you're worried spray the leather sample first ;)

7. i always spray my bags with Collonil (i don't think we have apple garde in the UK) has anybody tried collonil on YSL bags?

8. I did and works great

9. thanks :biggrin: i've sprayed her now & she's had her first outing!!

10. hello! I just purchased a pre owned belle de jour clutch in black patent from the realreal. It has some light external wear but inside, what was sold as a faint mark appears to really be melted gum (?) somewhat sticky once you scrape at it. Can anyone advise how to remove it? Otherwise I am attempting a return....I paid $350 for it - I guess it's a good deal for the pre owned clutch but I hate the idea of spending that much on one with stuff stuck inside :sad:. What do you think?

11. Bump! Has anyone tried cleaning their Metallic Duffle Bags? I just scored a Baby Duffle in Rose Gold Metallic Napa Leather from NR. It does not have any stains, but some fine scratches and I'd like to know if I can maybe put some Blackrock Leather Conditioner or maybe some neutral shoe polish? Thanks!

12. Does YSL have a "spa"?

13. Congratz on your purchase. I love their metallic collection. Any good leather condition should do the trick if they aren't deep scratches. I have no experience with blackrock conditioner so can't comment on them but I do use saphir http://amzn.to/1uQL1YO or Collonil http://amzn.to/1oc0f4M for my metallic lanvin and have worked well.

14. Thanks so much! I actually have Saphir neutral shoe polish and it's amazing so I'm sure their conditioner is great too :biggrin:

15. Hi,

I just purchased the Sac De Jour in Croc-embossed, can I use the Apple Garde on it? Thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice