Cleaning of Chanel bag in Australia and other countries.

shinymagpie

vintage bag lady
Mar 29, 2008
Hi

Just curious. Have any Australians ever had bags cleaned or restored by Chanel in Oz? I have read comments that say that they don't. But I just wanted to check on this.

I am sending a vintage one to my sister for Christmas and wanted to see if she can get it cleaned there. She said she didn't mind trying, but I wanted to see before I posted it.

My local shop will not do color treatment on early vintage bags - they may do it for more recent ones.

Thanks in advance.:smile:

Will watch with interest.

As you probably know, A, Chanel don't clean bags here - even new ones :sad: They've recommended a place for me (but I've lost the card) so am visiting later to try and get more information. Will update if I can.

Will watch with interest.

As you probably know, A, Chanel don't clean bags here - even new ones :sad: They've recommended a place for me (but I've lost the card) so am visiting later to try and get more information. Will update if I can.

Interesting C. I was at a local dry cleaners on Sunday night when DD said look at that. There was a poster saying "Brand Bag Cleaning" which was covered in pictures of LV, Chanels, Hermes, Gucci, Prada, and more. I was quite surprised. She told my daughter "bring something in and we will give you a quote". I hadn't ever seen it because I usually use the dry-cleaning shop about 100 meters away. So just trying to decide which of my bags to put to the test.

Am tempted to send my vintage to you to give it a go!!

OK - found the card Chanel gave me a while ago: it's a company called Rejouir here in Tokyo and that's where Chanel recommended I take a bag.

The meishi has info in English (yay!)

"Professional Clothes Cleaning - ... Please contact us. We will send you our brocure and application for free membership (?!) Pickup & delivery can be arranged throughout Japan."

Phone 03 5730 7973 for Head Office: Shop number is 03 5730 7888.

Has anyone used 'MyBagSpa', based in Singapore? They will also clean bags in Malaysia and Australia. Their site looks quite impressive and, if I hear positives from members here, I'm hoping to have one of my bags cleaned at their UK affiliated agency (Delortae). Any news would be really welcome.

yeaa...heard about MYBAGSPA from some malaysian fds..they've just opened like couple weeks ago in Melbourne...and its the first store around that does bag cleaning..at least what i've found so far, so i checked out their website..saw some impressive pictures of the bags they've treated before...but...not sure if they can achieve the same result since the Oz one is so new that i haven't heard any feedback from anyone yet..:sad:
would someone who's had their service chime in??

im going to try colorwash in SIngapore. I called CHANEL SIngapore for cleaning, they actually recommended me to try colorwash for the cleaning. I mean CHANEL is recommending, then they are def a go right?!

yes...i actually uses mybagspa in melbourne, australia and they do a really good job. the colors on my chanel has faded due to using a random cleanser which i shouldn't, cos its lambskin.

brought it to mybagspa (aka leshine) and had a color restoration done. was very happy that now i can use the bag, again! they do service by mail for those not located in melbourne

had a chat with one of the staff, and he mention they will service all materials like canvas, fabric, suede, leather, even nylon!

www.mybagspa.com.au

^^ thanks for the tip on mybagspa in Melbourne.
I am going to try on of the local services here in Japan this week. It will take about a month, but I'm hoping the result will be great.