Cleaning my new to me speedy?

My personal opinion is don't. I decided to clean my speedy and alma handles with a baby whipe and it dried it out so much it was dry and dull. I used it and it got a little and I mean very little shine back but the original coating is gone and I'm not so confident the shine will ever come back fully. I rather deal with dirty but coated and shiny handles then dry,dull,clean handles.

There are tons of threads in the FAQ's section, but I have to second lv lover. I tried to clean the handles of my 14 year old alma and it removed the shine from the handles and made no difference to the dirt. I think these handles look great, mine are much worse. I didn't know anything about hand cream/rain etc when I bought my alma

I've heard good and bad things about LMB but mostly good! I'm thinking about getting some whilst over in the US. As for magic eraser etc, I used it on a preloved galliera and yes it lightened the handles but they were so dry that they needed conditioning and then they were just as dark again! I've learnt to stay away from DIY :sad: lol

My personal opinion is don't. I decided to clean my speedy and alma handles with a baby whipe and it dried it out so much it was dry and dull. I used it and it got a little and I mean very little shine back but the original coating is gone and I'm not so confident the shine will ever come back fully. I rather deal with dirty but coated and shiny handles then dry,dull,clean handles.

There are tons of threads in the FAQ's section, but I have to second lv lover. I tried to clean the handles of my 14 year old alma and it removed the shine from the handles and made no difference to the dirt. I think these handles look great, mine are much worse. I didn't know anything about hand cream/rain etc when I bought my alma

I agree that my handles aren’t so bad, I had just always seen so many people talking on here about cleaning vintage vachetta, etc. I assumed it was a good idea. I appreciate you letting me know your personal experiences! Have either of you used LMB? I’m thinking now I will at least wait to clean once I get it, if I even do at all. Carry it a bit and see how I feel. I think for the price the vachetta I got is in great condition.

Not a fan of doing anything to my handles on my bags. Leave as is just make sure you are aware of what you are touching before you handle your bag. Washing hands often should be a habit.

Love your bags!

Be Blessed MoNikki

I agree that my handles aren’t so bad, I had just always seen so many people talking on here about cleaning vintage vachetta, etc. I assumed it was a good idea. I appreciate you letting me know your personal experiences! Have either of you used LMB? I’m thinking now I will at least wait to clean once I get it, if I even do at all. Carry it a bit and see how I feel. I think for the price the vachetta I got is in great condition.

Sorry haven't used LMB nowadays I learnt to leave it as it is.