Cleaning LV lock and key

Yes the ketchup works!! I soaked it for 15 min in cold ketchup and rinsed it with warm water. After that I polished it with my Pandora cleaning cloth and keys and lock look like new! Thanks for this miracle tip!

I was so annoyed by my lock being tarnished so fast, I just bought a new set- let's see how long this stays nice and shiny
Top: 2 month old set
Bottom: New set
O

Attachments

• 1398564597430.jpg
    1398564597430.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 823
The BEST and FREE way to clean the lock & key is to go to your nearest Del Taco or Taco Bell & grab 3-4 packets of hot sauce.
The mild & medium work best because there are no seeds, like in the really hot hot sauces.
At home, put contents of two packets in a small tea size cup or a flat plate.
Then simply place the lock in the sauce. Leave for a few minutes & look at it. You can put it back in if its still not all shiny.
This will not hurt it at all & you will honestly be amazed at how shiny & clean your lock comes out..do the same with the key.
Then of course, rinse lightly under cool water & clean thoroughly.
Also, a toothbrush dipped into the sauce and used to scrub resistant stains will work too.

And if you have any dirty pennies you'd like to clean & have time for it, put them in the hot sauce...its the same principle. The hot sauce will clean & shine pennies also.

GREATEST method I've found & its free!!!! 😀

Wow great home remedies! Tonight I just tried the "blue magic metal polish" recommendation I got from the Lollipuff article and it works great! (I didn't see it posted here yet...) I got a mirror like new finish! lock and keys! :sunshine: Like the article says you have to apply it and rub it off 3 times, so much black stuff keeps coming off but then its like Wow!! I did a 4th time and kept cleaning it off polishing it with paper towels and kleenex and making sure the oxidation came out of the cracks etc. with Q tips to make sure it didn't rub off on your clothes or bag. its totally worth it and a nice size jar was only $7 at the auto parts store. There was a jar of it left to polish other stuff or your LVs for the rest of your life! :biggrin: make sure you get the right brand name--they list different numbers but it is referring to different sizes--the products I saw were all the same, just different sizes.
While I enjoy seeing the transformation, it must be nice to go to the store and have them clean it professionally for free!

https://www.lollipuff.com/blog/223/how-to-refurbish-a-louis-vuitton-bag#comment-start=end

Is Pledge safe to use? My Pledge spray says it's good for phone screens, laptop screens, remote controls, not sure with LV locks though...

I've been wanting to try ketchup but it just smells so bad!!!

Ketchup really works... :tup:

It sure does - Although I knew I had a lock and key set I haven't used - I remove it from my other vuitton as soon as I got it.

Here is a before and after of the very used keys from my preowned vuitton I just got - Now I have use for all the packets of ketchup I have in my kitchen ;);)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 517