Cleaning lv handles!

Feb 26, 2006
Ok I noticed this was sort of being talked about in another thread so I thought I'd start a new one. I'm in the UK so I can't get ahold of the apple guard (is that what it's called) that I've heard is great for protecting LV handles. I asked the SA in the store (and a couple of others there) and they always tell me, don't treat the handles with anything or clean it with anything except a clean cloth!
Can anyone suggest anything for me!?:wacko:

whatzerface said:
The manager at my LV says that a white eraser works really well to remove pen marks etc... I haven't tried it myself yet.

HOLY SH!!!!T that actually works! I had some very upsetting blue rubbings on the vachetta of my Cerise bucket (from wearing the bag with a new pair of unwashed jeans) and I was soooooooo upset. I had just bought the bag at the time, and I seriously broke down and cried.

As soon as I read this post, I tried my white Pentel click eraser on those marks, and they were GONE within seconds. The vachetta was as good as new!!!

I am so happy, thank you, thank you X 1,000,000!!!!!

Now I will get my ShiningMonkey and protect all of my bags. :smile:

clanalois said:
HOLY SH!!!!T that actually works! I had some very upsetting blue rubbings on the vachetta of my Cerise bucket (from wearing the bag with a new pair of unwashed jeans) and I was soooooooo upset. I had just bought the bag at the time, and I seriously broke down and cried.

As soon as I read this post, I tried my white Pentel click eraser on those marks, and they were GONE within seconds. The vachetta was as good as new!!!

I am so happy, thank you, thank you X 1,000,000!!!!!

Now I will get my ShiningMonkey and protect all of my bags. :smile:

I'm glad to hear it worked for you!

I'll have to try the white eraser trick. I love new cleaning tips. If you use ME on the handles be very gentle and careful. It can really strip the leather and cause the vachetta to crack. I've used ME to clean marks off the canvas and it works great.
You can only get shining monkey at www.shiningmonkey.com V

Help! I recently wore a brand new pair of jeans with my NEW Popincourt Haut and wouldn't you know it it stained the corners! :crybaby: I read in this thread about using Pental eraser and a product called Shining Monkey. I am afraid to be too abrasive on the leather corner (for fear of leather scuffing or worse- cracking!). My handles on the PH aren't even patinaed yet!!

Has anyone else used Pental white erasers? What is Shining Monkey? I've also read on other posts about AppleGuard? What is ME? Sorry for all the questions but I am lost- haven't heard about any of these products before. Has anyone used the Coach cleaner?

Help!!:shrugs:

Dragon1009 said:
Help! I recently wore a brand new pair of jeans with my NEW Popincourt Haut and wouldn't you know it it stained the corners! :crybaby: I read in this thread about using Pental eraser and a product called Shining Monkey. I am afraid to be too abrasive on the leather corner (for fear of leather scuffing or worse- cracking!). My handles on the PH aren't even patinaed yet!!

Has anyone else used Pental white erasers? What is Shining Monkey? I've also read on other posts about AppleGuard? What is ME? Sorry for all the questions but I am lost- haven't heard about any of these products before. Has anyone used the Coach cleaner?

Help!!:shrugs:
That also happened to me, a new jean stained my mandarin soufflot andd I just used magic eraser, im lucky that epi leather can be wiped.. try the normal eraser and then the magic eraser (mr. clean) it lessened the stain for me. good luck