Cleaning and Protecting Madison Tote

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Dear All,
    I just got a Madison Saffiano Tote in Navy.
    Any recommendations as to how to keep it clean, and what type of water and stain repelling products I can use for it?

Thank you in advance

2. I have a black saffiano Madison N/S tote. I think it's fairly durable actually. I'd just wipe it with a very damp cloth. I guess the black is very forgiving but I also think the finish of the leather is too.

Curious what others will say.

3. Thank you for your reply. I had the same thought. And the SA said Saffiano is pretty durable. I am also curious how others protect their Saffiano totes. I mean to use this bag as a daily work bag.

4. I've been using mine as my work bag every day and honestly haven't had to do anything with it and it still looks perfect. This is the one bag I don't feel bad really "using" because I bought it to be a work horse so I've even taken it on multiple business trips and carried it around the resort and beach as a tote on vacation and it's been a real trooper! Enjoy your new bag!!

5. Thank you so much!

I have a pebbled Madison Cafe Carryall, and unfortunately I have not been able to use because it has defects. Scuff marks, and some weird leather 'outgrowth' at the bottom of the bag. I didn't notice it for a while and now I need to return it. It is a wonderful bag, but considering that it is scuffed even without using it, I ventured to buy Saffiano. Now that I have it, I really want it to be durable. Your reply has helped me alot. thank you :biggrin:

6. I got a saffiano tote for traveling. I am not worried about it at all. I think saffiano will hold up to all kinds of abuse. Enjoy your new tote!

7. From what I have learned, Saffiano is THE most durable leather and shouldn't need any kind of special treatment. As everyone said, the tote should be a workhorse and can be cleaned by just wiping it with a damp cloth. I actually just researched this (yes, I am a nerd) and I found this fantastic blog. And I am in love with these bags, but that is a discussion for another forum. I hope this description helps.

http://blog.aspinaloflondon.com/what-is-saffiano-leather-let-us-explain/

8. Thank you!
    I bought the Longchamp Le Pliage as a travel tote, but I am hoping to use the Saffiano tote for travel too sometimes.

9. That is the exact link I was looking at before I bought the purse :cool: