Cleaning A Suede Coach Purse

I have found that some of the suedes, especially the lighter colors can't be cleaned completely. They really should warn you before purchasing. There was a thread somewhere on using a nail file. Try searching for that thread...maybe that will help?

I used a clean nail file and just filed away all the dirty hairs. It worked for me in a pink suede wallet that got some lotion on it and then it got dirty. Before that I had tried everything and it did not work. I suggest you try it but it is up to you. Hope it helps,

I like Apple suede and nubuk cleaner, but when it gets really bad, I leave it to the professionals. Around here dept stores and Coach like Tony Rago. I had a light pink Tylie Malibu suede that Nordstrom had cleaned for me for free, and it looked brand new after I got it back! I was amazed because it had jeans bleed on it as well as dirt!

I am beginning to think that maybe I have been wrong about not being able to clean my pink suede hobo.
When I got my bag the suede was nice and smooth. After watching the video above, suede is always cleaned by rubbing the H out of it with a stiff brush. doesn't make sense if you want the bag to stay smooth.

This is my dilemma. Is my suede bag supposed to by all nappy or smooth? I am trying to keep it smooth, but that is impossible if I really want to clean it.

What do you ladies think? Should I go ahead and brush the crap out of it so its nappy all over or try and keep it smooth by using another cleaning method?