Cleaning A Suede Coach Purse

coach doesn't sell a suede cleaner. The all suede bags come with an eraser and brush, and that's it. They might be able to give you one, but they don't sell them. Coach only sells the sig and leather cleaners.

Yes I am aware. That's what I meant by a suede cleaner. What do you call it?
I got mine for free because I had a suede bag but someone else on this thread said she paid $15 bucks for hers lol.

I have three or four suede bags and a few bags with suede parts or trim. I don't take them out as much as others and I am usually extra careful with them for that reason but so far the eraser and brush worked fine for me!

I have tried to clean my pink suede Coach bag, but no luck without rubbing off the suede.
Does anyone have any suggestions. Its mostly just dingy around the stitching/over the stitching.
I even took back to a Coach store, but they really didn't help.
Is this natural? My husband paid too much money for this bag for it to look like this, just dingy. I was really careful when I used, now it sits in a drawer in its bag.
Hope someone can help, would love to use.
Thanks,
Gayle:confused1:

I'm surprised that the local Coach store didn't assist you....Coach now provides stores with suede care kits to include with all suede purchases or for free to customers who have previously purchased suede products. I would recommend buying one at a local retailer...they carry them almost anywhere they have shoes. They're pretty cheap, less than $10. It includes a suede brush and eraser...it should work for dingy suede.

when you buy your coach suade bag, inside the bag should have the cleaning kit.
and i dont suggest bringing it back to coach because they cant do anything about it and it will be a waste of time. because when you buy the suade bag, they should of tell you that it will wear and its difficult to clean because its suade. i dont suggest taking it to get it clean because it will just make it even worst. use the kit that u got when you purchase the bag, if u take it n try get it clean, the suade will become wrinkle and you can't steam it because that will just make it mold. so i suggest you just becareful with it, and take very good care of it.

They may not have the suede care kit in store, if not, call customer care and they'll send one out to you. The phone number is on the Coach website. Or you can email them from the website and ask for one. Be very careful with the kit. The brush is very stiff, so start with the eraser only and rub gently. If it's not working, moisten the side of the eraser it says (it has instructions) and try again. Rub off the dust you'll get with your finger, NOT the supplied brush. The brush looks like it's more for getting off dried mud than light soiling and might damage the suede. The eraser though is great!

I'm surprised that the local Coach store didn't assist you....Coach now provides stores with suede care kits to include with all suede purchases or for free to customers who have previously purchased suede products. I would recommend buying one at a local retailer...they carry them almost anywhere they have shoes. They're pretty cheap, less than $10. It includes a suede brush and eraser...it should work for dingy suede.
I did try the cleaning kit that came with the pink suede bag, but it doesn't do anything but rub off the suede so I quit and just put in its bag and in the drawer it sits.
I will never ever buy another suede bag, at least a pink one. Maybe if it was brown it wouldn't matter, but this truely sucks as I haven't used it that much. Its especially dirty at the top where the zipper is. Coach needs to go back to the drawing board on this design. At the top they should have used plain leather.
Oh well I have certainly learned a lesson.

Contact the Coach store again, and directly ask them if they have a suede care kit for you. If there is more than one store near you, try another one.

I have used the suede care kit, it rubs the suede off even doing it very gently, so gently it doesn't work.
I sent off for Shining Monkey. Its a leather preserver/cleaner I guess. Someone on this site sent in pics of her pink suede bag, it looked just like mine. She has before and after pics, it worked for her, so I am hoping it will work for me too! Anything is better than it sitting in its bag in a drawer.