Home & Garden Cleaner / Polish for water marks on marble worktop?

Gilly

O.G.
Aug 6, 2007
I have recently moved and the kitchen is lovely apart from the marble worktop - it is covered in water marks! They weren't there when we viewed the property (but that's another story!) so I guess the watermaks are pretty new. :sad:

I simply can't go the the expense of having new worktops fitted therefore I live in hope of someone out there knowing a solution.

Is there a cleaner or polish to remove them or should I start saving up now?!

Thanks in advance. :heart:

To clean white marble, some use a paste of lemon juice & salt. Or just rub with a 1/2 lemon. Then wipe with clean, wet cloth.
Part of marble's charm is that it gains imperfections--hard to tolerate in a new home, though, so I understand the frustration.
Good luck.

They were probably there before, but disguised with some sort of oil. Usually if you wipe the marble down with something like stainless steel or granite wipes it leaves a nice shine & hides the marks. You could use something like a baking soda/water paste, or even try car wax or a very fine buffing compound. Just make sure you wipe the marble clean before & after buffing it. Oh, and don't use anything acidic, like lemon juice, vinegar, etc, or the marble will etch & get dull looking. Hope that helps!

Has anyone tried the soft scrub product? I am hesitant to use it on my marble.

UPDATE:
I saw a van recently, advertising that company would clean/polish marble.
No other info. noted, sorry.
But, maybe check for such companies in your area?

I use a product called LOC.. Works on anything.. Even marble/granite and it's green

They were probably there before, but disguised with some sort of oil. Usually if you wipe the marble down with something like stainless steel or granite wipes it leaves a nice shine & hides the marks. You could use something like a baking soda/water paste, or even try car wax or a very fine buffing compound. Just make sure you wipe the marble clean before & after buffing it. Oh, and don't use anything acidic, like lemon juice, vinegar, etc, or the marble will etch & get dull looking. Hope that helps!

Attachments

• Product-NEW-SSAdvancedSurfaceCleaner&Polished_v2.png
    Product-NEW-SSAdvancedSurfaceCleaner&Polished_v2.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 51