Cle de peau concealer!

DamierAddict

Nov 28, 2007
ok thats it .. too many great reviews.. i need to order it
now what color do i get ??

what color choices are there? like 3 right? .. i have medium skin color .. what do u gals recommend?

You know, of all the ridiculously expensive beauty products I've purchased, this concealer has been the only disappointment. Go to Saks and have the MA put some on you and wear it around for a while to see how it works on your skin -- it's too damn expensive ($68!!!!) to gamble with. I can't believe I spent that on concealer...... :wtf:

That being said, the other over-the-top purchases I've made from la Mer and Chantecaille have all been awesome.

I was able to try this concealer last weekend at Saks. Unfortunately, it didnt work for me. It was very dry under my eyes, highlighted my wrinkles, and didnt blend in well:sad: I was really sad because I thought it would be the best concealer ever since I've been reading so many great reviews on it.

Boohoo:sad:

It's fantastic when you wear tinted moisturizer or foundation, but if you use it on moisturized skin, it WON'T be pretty - you'll end up with spots of concealer.
I like that it covers very well, but I only like to use it when I've got events to go to or when I know I'm going to be photographed. Other than that, Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage and YSL Touche Eclat works well.

[vogue];6022045 said:
It's fantastic when you wear tinted moisturizer or foundation, but if you use it on moisturized skin, it WON'T be pretty - you'll end up with spots of concealer.
I like that it covers very well, but I only like to use it when I've got events to go to or when I know I'm going to be photographed. Other than that, Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage and YSL Touche Eclat works well.

BTW, I just looked at your *blog*. It's so well organized, easy to read and very written and most of all, so informative. Wonderful! I have book marked it. :tup:

This concealer is supposed to be used on top of foundation.
It has been my HG and I have only used around 1/2 stick for close to 2 years.
have been using it under the eye and a bit on the scars
Yes, the price tag is a turn-off but it lasts long and the best i have come so far.

For reference, I am MAC NC25 and using Beige.

The other make up product that is tdf is the creme foundation
it's just glides smoothly on my skin and helps to conceal the pimple scars.

While I am still straying to other foundations once in a while to keep the CDP last longer, the concealer is always there.
I will replenish these two once they are finish

LOVE this concealer. Like some other posters have pointed it, it's to be used on top of foundation/tinted moisturizer.

I've never had any problems with this concealer whether it's on my own super dark-eye circles or with models/actresses. I personally used Ocre an I have medium Asian skin tone.