classics?

snf8

O.G.
Mar 26, 2008
Las Vegas
hey ladies! so yesterday i officially applied for graduation so next may i will be done with school forever!! yay...anyway to the real question...

my graduation present will def be a GC to louboutin since i will be moving to nyc in may also and i was wondering if the clichy and decollete are classic styles that will be there still when i try to go get them...

of course im only talking in the CL boutiques, so hoping you ladies that have actually been in one (have only walked past the horatio store in hopes of saving my CC bill) can help me out?? TIA!

Chins4

How many is 2 many?
O.G.
Jan 11, 2008
UK
Both the Decollete and the Clichy are classics that tend to come out in various finishes every season - it's just a question of timing :shrugs:

LavenderIce

Vintage CLs please
O.G.
Dec 19, 2006
They are both classic styles, but the Decollette seems to reborn in different materials (i.e. tiger, eel, suede, red karey, paillettes etc.) almost every season and is more widely available at boutiques and BG, Saks, NM, Barneys, etc., whereas the Clichy is only available at the boutiques and in my year of being here on tpf I've only seen them the US boutiques this year and in metallic pewter and black patent overseas and graffiti on NAP last year.

*Lo

May 16, 2007
NYC
Both are classics, I got my red clichy from horatio st this year and my nudes from madison, like others have said its all about timing

linpaddy

O.G.
Dec 26, 2007
Do you plan to wear your Cls to work? If so, your work environment should be a factor in your decision.

:P I would look for a versatile style that transitions well from day to night. If you're planning to buy just one pair, you should get a style that enables you to get plenty of wear out of it.

snf8

O.G.
Mar 26, 2008
Las Vegas
^ i already have a pair of EB declics, i just saw graduation as a way to get another pair easily :smile: so i was gonna look for a more basic style in a more basic color since i cant wear my EBs everyday! (i wish i could)

since i went to school to be an elementary teacher, i cant see myself starting that just yet so my work environment will likely be more along the lines of retail (cross our fingers for somewhere that sells CLs) so i would plan on wearing them to work.

ronsdiva

NE Born OH Bred
O.G.
Jul 6, 2007
Maryland
Those would be good choices for style, but not for working retail unless you have a really high arch. The simple pump (85 or 70) or the VP/NP in 70 or pigalles in 70 would be the only ones I could stand in for hours.

JetSetGo!

Never not trying
Admin
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
valley girl x city girl
Perhaps a good way to go is to get a Visa Gift Card, so you can shop around at all the stores in the city and get the best selection. Still, I have not seen the Clichys anywhere but the Boutiques. The Decolletes are in most stores, but each place will have it in different materials.

Congrats on the homestretch to grad! :yahoo:

snf8

O.G.
Mar 26, 2008
Las Vegas
rons, i do have a really high arch and im used to working in heels all day so i think ill be okay!

jet, thanks! it makes it so much easier to make myself go to class when i know im almost done!