Classics - Coach Willis Bag

kbell

O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
Live free or die
Am I crazy for wanting to order this??? It's still available online - I recall years & years ago always loving this bag & still do....... and I've been searching for a great crossbody but nothing current by anyone really catches my eye - I've tried a few but didn't LOVE them. Anyone still pull out the willis bag??? I'm very close to ordering....... plus I love nickel hardware...what to do what to do!

tanukiki

Stupid Lamb
O.G.
Jun 11, 2007
The Great Lone Star State!
Am I crazy for wanting to order this??? It's still available online - I recall years & years ago always loving this bag & still do....... and I've been searching for a great crossbody but nothing current by anyone really catches my eye - I've tried a few but didn't LOVE them. Anyone still pull out the willis bag??? I'm very close to ordering....... plus I love nickel hardware...what to do what to do!
No you are not crazy. I have been eyeballing the Rambler's Legacy bag lately. I wish they were available in stores so I could look at it before ordering/buying though...

fieldsinspring

Smiling :)
O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
Well if you have always wanted it, go for it! :tup: You should get what you want and what makes you happy. :yes:

Sep 17, 2007
The classics are a great line. I've seen some of them at the outlet. If you have one relatively closeby, I would check it out.

kbell

O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
Live free or die
the only thing that I'm hesitant about is I don't think any of the classics were lined. Not sure if I care enough about that though - maybe that's better for throwing pens in there.......

Kansashalo

D
O.G.
Sep 10, 2006
In the south
The classics were not lined. It was the actual grain leather which I prefer personally (primarily because it took away from the worry about getting the lining dirty).

I say get your Willis bag! I was at a conference last Tuesday and the speaker was carrying the black leather/silver Willis bag. I think they are always in style and fashionable.

Hmmm, this thread makes me want to carry my Janice bag today (which I think is a great crossbody bag personally).

tanukiki

Stupid Lamb
O.G.
Jun 11, 2007
The classics were not lined. It was the actual grain leather which I prefer personally (primarily because it took away from the worry about getting the lining dirty).

I say get your Willis bag! I was at a conference last Tuesday and the speaker was carrying the black leather/silver Willis bag. I think they are always in style and fashionable.

Hmmm, this thread makes me want to carry my Janice bag today (which I think is a great crossbody bag personally).
i've also been eyeballing that one along with and the Legacy zip as well. I wonder if any SAs would let you order one with PCE as they don't carry them in the stores....

LV Rawks

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
Midwest USA
I don't think that you are crazy at all, I have always wanted this bag...one day I am going to get the black with the nickel hardware. I love the classics, they are my all time favorite.

I had the Rambler, but I wore that bag out! I finally had to sell it because it was so scuffed, but it was a great bag for 8 years!

RealDealGirl

Addicted to pink
May 2, 2007
Connecticut
I just saw a british tan Willis at the mall last week. Get it!!! I've been carrying my classic black Court bag (my avatar) lately and I forgot how much I love it. They always comment on my bag when I go to Coach with a classic bag because they're not so common anymore. Also, you don't see fakes of these all over the place either. Good luck!!

kbell

O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
Live free or die
Yup I'm getting it! going to wait a week though & see if a pce card shows up for me. then I'll see if the store can order it with the discount - that'd be fab, although I think the price is still fab for what you get in comparison to a lot of what's out there now.

tanukiki

Stupid Lamb
O.G.
Jun 11, 2007
Yup I'm getting it! going to wait a week though & see if a pce card shows up for me. then I'll see if the store can order it with the discount - that'd be fab, although I think the price is still fab for what you get in comparison to a lot of what's out there now.

They are really good prices on those items!

kbell

O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
Live free or die
^^ yes and I know it'll last forever. I still have my 1st coach my mom bought me. Unlined - sort of double handle bucket style. It could almost pass for new & it's probably 15 yrs old. I can't part with it even though I hate it - won't stay on my shoulder, but the quality is fantastic!

audball67

Dec 27, 2006
kbell, I know from the main forum that you were looking for a cross-body bag - are you concerned about size? You probably know this, but the Willis is a lot smaller than the Ani...but yes, the style is absolutely classic. I think the Willis is a beautiful, timeless bag!

If you live near an outlet, you may want to call and see if they have the Willis in stock. I bought a Janice's Legacy and it was considerably cheaper than it would have been online - I can't really tell the difference in terms of quality vs. my old Station bag (from the 80s!). I know the Gilroy, CA outlet had a number of classic bags on sale...you may want to give them a call...