Classic WOC Silver or Gold Dilemma

Llamacorn

Aug 23, 2020
I am so grateful for the members here who tried to help me locate the wocs. I was initially looking for a woc in gold, but when I saw the silver I took it, and now I just obtained the gold. Looking at both, I can’t make up my mind which one to keep, and I just want to get some opinions.

Silver on the left: overall looks more structured, leather feels more dry, looks more shiny, looks puffy, made in France

Gold on the right: overall looks less structured, leather feels softer, looks darker, looks flatter. I initially wanted the gold, but compared to the silver, the sides/corners don’t look refined. Made in Italy

7C3AA5F9-096F-4367-982B-66CA5492B254.jpegA026DADC-6FBF-4675-909A-CCAB08E52AE7.jpeg8D3FA03D-3FD7-4AE1-A149-C38CA5870769.jpegE5E42A90-BDC6-4F0D-A8E4-B4E7E61C5E98.jpeg8795DF8F-1E34-4030-9402-F63C0CDA94F0.jpeg

They're both beautiful bags, but I'm drawn to the gold hardware one. I like the combination and also think the leather looks better with it's shine, and I personally feel the flatter quilting suits the WOC style.

That being said, it sounds like you're more drawn to the silver WOC. If that's your first instinct, I'd say stick with it. Even if you originally wanted the gold, minds can change!

Aw thanks for your thoughts! Is this corner crease here normal? I imagine not an issue once I start putting cards and phone inside. The caviar on gold is softer so maybe that’s what was causing the crease. The silver is so straight :whut:

A98ABBD7-54BA-4154-9F03-902D03EBED0E.jpeg

I love the gold for the classic pieces like this. My first Chanel purchase was the classic WOC with ghw and I've never regretted it for a second. Gold also seems to have better resale value as it seems to get sold instantly in all the shops I follow, while the silver sits around longer.

Reactions: Llamacorn
I had the exact dilemma as you before. I initially wanted the silver one but eventually I got the gold. The gold hardware with the black caviar is really something else. I wear my woc with almost everything.

Depends on how you plan on wearing it (casual vs formal) and what type of jewelry you tend to wear more (silver or gold tones). For me, I wear more white gold and tend to wear mine more casually, so the shw is perfect (apparently I’m in the minority on this one, haha). Whichever fits your style is the one you should keep:coolio:

Whichever you feel most comfortable with. I think most people definitely know if they are team gold or silver- which is more them. I am team gold and 92% of my bags are gold hardware. The silver hardware bags I have are usually because 1) I had no choice and/or couldn’t wait for the gold hardware version or 2) I wanted an edgier casual look to the bag. It depends on how you want to style the bag.

I too originally wanted black caviar with GHW, after waiting for a long time finally one with SHW came along and I jumped on it. Instantly fell in love! Puffy and shiny leather just the way you describe yours with SHW. Feels soft and irresistibly squishy yet durable at the same time. And the chain is so bright and shiny. Still very special even though black and gold are the classic combo. Let us know what you decide!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts!! I loved reading your comments. I opened both again in day light and I loved the gold more. The gold felt warmer and looked better with my wardrobe and my skin. I do love the puffy leather and structure on the silver and will miss that, but I also love the darker and softer leather on the gold, and wearing the gold made me really happy :heart: