Classic style made current, young an fun?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies,
    I am trying to purge my closet and restock with classic, timeless pieces. I've done this before and in the past, I would get so bored with the simplicity of it all that I would go out and buy trendy pieces that I loved....only to find that six months later, nothing is cohesive and it is outfoxed

3. Buy classic pieces that work for your lifestyle (i.e., don't bother with suits if you live in jeans) and fit you perfectly (take them to a tailor as needed). For getting the vibe you want, use accessories--bags, shoes, jewelry, scarves are all great for adding your own personality to simple basics. Think of the clothing pieces as a canvas, the accessories as the paint.

4. It's all about the accessories that makes the outfit. A necklace, bag or scarf can do a lot for a simple outfit.

5. Study the fashion blogs and outfit of the day threads. A lot of old classics are coming back. Accessories are big, especially statement necklaces and layered bracelets. Add belts. Try a scarf occasionally. Layering is big and can create detail.

I don't really style anything myself. I look at outfits of others I like in lookbooks and on the web, then create outfits like theirs based on what I have in my closet.

My favorite blog is wendyslookbook.com. I get other ideas from the purseforum Outfit of the Day threads. (One just started recently, but you can go back and look at the previous one which is more than 500 pages.) There is a street style thread in the Celine forum that has lots of blogger pics, too.

6. I just wear a basic uniform which I update when pieces wear out to adapt the shape/proportion in line with current trends.

I've been wearing blue shirts and jeans since I was 11!!!