Classic q baby aidan vs drawstringy???

miss_a.dub

Apr 28, 2009
Aritzia (vancouver, bc) just placed an order of the baby aidan in newsprint for me today because the one in store had a 2 scratches and i wanted a brand new one. I place a 20% deposit on it already but now im having second thoughts about it :confused1: Maybe it's because I dont have the bag with me and I forgot how it looks in person? I was going to get a hillier but sooo many people have it and i wanted something different!

sigh!!! the drawstringy is soo cute and Ive never seen anyone in Vancouver have it so I don't know where i can get one! you think HOlts would carry it??? I usually do online shoppin but i don't want to order something soo expensive online and find out theres scratches on it when it arrives :Push:

should I keep the Classic q baby aidan which is on it's way for pick up at Aritzia probably in 5 or 7 days or try to look for a drawstringy at Holts???
im sooo confused it's my first MBMJ bag

http://g.nordstromimage.com/imagegallery/store/product/Gigantic/11/_6000831.jpg
http://cache-images.pronto.com/thum...jpg&wmax=225&hmax=300&quality=80&bgcol=FFFFFF

Last edited:
aww alright. I dont know it's my first mj bag so Im just soo paranoid about it. I was in love with it in stores yesterday and then when i got home I was sort of regretting it..maybe because i dont have the bag in person I forgot how it looked like.
do you guys like the aidan? im new with marc jacobs..is the aidan a new style for this season?

You forgot what it looked like after a few hours? Then maybe it's just not for you. Check the reference threads to see if you like anything better. To be honest, it's not my favorite bag, but it is very well made and has nice, soft leather. No, it's not a new style from this season.

lol my fav is the stam but that's for later on because im still too young to buy such a pricey bag. my first choice was the hillier but soo many people have it so i decided on the aidan. I don't know i think i might keep it, ill see or ill return it and get the hillier at Holts when their shipment comes at the end of march. Thanks for your help.

what mbmj bag would you reccomend?

I had a baby Aidan, but I sold it because it was too big for the items I currently carry and doesn't fit my current likestyle. I think you should do a pros/cons list to see which bag you like best and which fits your needs and lifestyle. I second BOM's suggestion about checking the reference threads to see if anything else catches your eye.

aww alrighty. sigh yyeah i didnt think it would be this hard to pick out a bag. I guess I have time to think it over because the aidan doesnt come until a week from now. hmm..what bag did you end up getting instead?

I've owned a few MbMJ bags....two Hilliers, a Groovee, Dr Q Tote, and two Teris. I love the Hillier, but for some inexplicable reason it's just never worked for me. The Groovee was too wide and baggy. The Dr Q Tote and the Teris both had color transfer/leather quality issues. If you really want to know my opinion, I say save up for what you really love and go for an MJ collection bag. If you buy one on eBay or Bonanzle, the prices are often comparable or even cheaper than MbMJ bags for retail prices.

hmm i know sigh I guess in my head i want a bag for now. I know what you mean haha what i really want is either a stam or a chanel bag ahaha..cant get one until i have an actual job job which is after june ish.
It is a lot cheaper to buy on ebay, i get iffy though i shop online quite a lot but a bag for $500 and having it shipped over is sure scary because what if it gets lost in the mail or when i get it and realize the seller lied about the condition?

are you gona keep your hilliers or sell them later on? I love hilliers but the thing is soo many people have it. I was in the malland i saw l4 people with one

I think you should save and wait for a bag that you really want and will use. You can always ask the seller to add insurance to insure the package in case something happens to it during shipment. Purchasing on eBay can be a wonderful or unpleasant experience and that is just the risk you will have to take.