Classic or bijoux chain?? Please help!!!

glamgirl88

Mar 12, 2008
Hello girls,

I really need your opinion for my first Chanel bag. I like the classic medium flap bag in caviar leather. I just don't know if I should get the one with the classic strap (leather through the chain) or the one with the Bijoux chain (all silver metal). What do you guys think and do you own one or both of them? Could you please share your experience? I'll be getting it tomorrow so if you could help me asap, I'd greatly appreciate it!!

[FONT=&quot]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=8109992

http://deluxemall.com/attachments/p...ssic-medium-flap-silver-chain-picture-002.jpg
[/FONT]

Bijoux chain hasn't been produced for the last couple of years. So if you are planing to get your bag new, that will not be an option. They can be found sometimes on Ebay etc.

No, no more bijoux chain at all... it's been more than 1 year for sure. I luv that bag too but didn't get it when it was available. If you luv all metal chain, why dun you take a look at the reissue? The strap is all metal and looks nice too. I'm saving for that one. Or else, like lallybelle said, buy used ;)

Last edited:
hard to choose, classic will last forever, but it will always be in the store, whilst bijoux chain has its own special beauty. There are 2 jumbo bijoux in ebay that selling for $4500.. you might wanna check it out before the listing ended. they are stunning!! and not to forget that is rare.. :graucho:

Yep, agree with other ladies - you can't get bijoux chain anymore so you'll have to look at ebay or something similar.

I have both; 07 grey with bijoux chain and 09 black with classic chain. I love the look of the bijoux because it's rare and is different from all the other Chanels I have.

Some people say the bijoux is too heavy but I don't agree.

It depends which you prefer - good luck

I'm all for the 07 bijoux chain. But they're rare and HTH. They do pop up from time to time on eBay or bonanzle. If you can find one with condition of your liking and also within your price range, go for it. It'll sure become a collector's item.

I like both, but I love the classic chain... something about the leather intertwined with the chain always get me haha. The silver bijoux chain was introduced in the spring of 2007... my red caviar Jumbo has the bijoux chain and I love it... so lightweight, unique and easy to carry. :love:

My mom actually bought me the black caviar Jumbo with the bijoux chain around the same time, but I actually exchanged it for the traditional Jumbo... I didn't feel the need to own multiple bijoux chain flaps, but the same can't be said about my desire to own multiple classic chain flaps haha. :P

I would check ebay/bonanzle/online consignment shops, etc. to find bijoux chain flaps, because finding them in stores/boutiques isn't possible now. Good luck. :flowers:

I have the 07 bijoux chain jumbo in black lamb - and i just love it! I have yet to own a classic flap in the classic chain - though my DS tote has the chain straps.

Bijoux is lightweight and dresses up the bag a bit more. HTH!